A female Consultant Neurologist is sought for a well established multispeciality hospital in Sharjah, UAE. The hospital provides a 24-hour emergency service and hospital-based acute neurological care and in addition, the department offers dedicated consultancy services for clinical examination, rationalized treatment and prevention of neurological diseases.
As part of its comprehensive professional service, a wide range of neuro-diagnostic procedures using state-of-the-art modalities and equipment are also available.
- electroencephalography (EEG) on thirty-two channel digital equipment with facility for colour-coded topographical presentation of the EEG data and on-line as well as off-line analysis with spike detection software.
- standard nerve conduction studies (NCS),
- electromyography (EMG) and multi-modality evoked-potential (EP) studies including visual, auditory and somatosensory.
- esoteric and more specialised neurophysiological investigations including repetitive stimulation and jitter studies for myasthenia, quantitative EMG for myopathic disorders, blink reflex studies for brain-stem pathways, H-reflex study for pyramidal system, collision technique for peripheral nerves and several others.
- Intra-operative theatre monitoring of EEG and evoked potentials can be arranged.
The department is also assisted in its diagnostic efforts by radiological facilities such as MRI and CT Scanning of the entire nervous system and Doppler investigation of blood flow in various parts of the extracranial as well as intracranial circulation. Information about each patient is handled by ORACLE data base system in a Windows NT environment for proper documentation and process optimization.
The neurophysiology lab is fully computerised and all procedures are conducted both efficiently and economically. Results of most investigations are available almost immediately after completion of the test.
There is a distinguished interactive peer support group comprising eminent neurologists based in US and UK for arranging a second opinion on crucial cases.
Employment contracts are for 2 years and renewable with tax free salary paid in local currency, Emirati Dhirram (AED). Range AED 60-80 K per month DOE. Flights at start and end of contract provided from point of hire, healthcare cover and 30 days annual leave.
- Board Certification or Specialist Registration in Neurology (American Board, FCRPC, MRCP/CCT, Fachartz, FRACP)
- Minimum experience 3 years post board
- Fluent English communication
- Hindi Speaker