Consultant Emergency Medicine
5 year Contract, full time
2 positions available
Based in a regional general public hospital, this role encompasses an interesting mix of clinical, leadership and educational duties as you work with the team of physicians providing clinical emergency services to a population of 70,000 in the Australian outback. The hospital serves some very remote towns and Aboriginal communities, with exciting and varied cultural and medical challenges. It is also a hub for the Rural Clinical School of Western Australia, and junior doctors are working there in FACEM training roles.
- Provide clinical management of Emergency Medicine patients utilising evidence based practice.
- Assist with Australian Triage Standards and National Emergency Access Target requirements when clinically safe.
- Leads, supervises, coordinates and manages the care of patients with life threatening conditions, including multiple traumas.
- Participates fully in the Emergency Medicine Consultant roster including on call.
- Provides clinical services as determined appropriate for a 24 hour emergency service, including telephone or video-conference consultations and advice.
- Maintains quality patient medical records in accordance with health service protocols.
- Fully supports electronic clinical systems and promote and educate the use of NAC’s discharge summaries and communication of patient information to health care providers.
- Liaises with members of the health care team and private practitioners to meet the needs of patients under their care.
- Responsible for a portfolio as directed by the Director of Medical Services (DMS).
- Supports medical colleagues and nursing colleagues in the performance of their clinical duties.
- You will also promote patient quality and safety within the emergency department, provide leadership, management, training, supervision and education for Senior Medical Practitioners, Intern, Resident Medical Officers and Registrars in collaboration with the Regional Director of Medical Services.
- eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Fellowship of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine or equivalent.
- possess substantial postgraduate medical experience in emergency medicine and hospital practice.
- A demonstrated commitment to effective management of clinical risk and improving quality.
- high level of communication, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to work effectively, lead in a team environment and commitment to continuing education.
Salary: $354,487-451,677 pa (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and professional development allowance)
In addition to the great salary employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Other professional and location based allowances
If you are interested in this role and hold a fellowship or board certification in emergency medicine, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.