Role: Consultant Ear Nose and Throat Surgeon
Scope of practice : Head and Neck Surgery
Hours: Full time or maximum part time
Specialist Otolaryngologist/ ENT Surgeon to join the Ear, Nose and Throat Department (ENT) staffed by a friendly and talented team of four Consultants; two Registrars, and a House Officer. This is a full time, permanent role in a department which is accredited by the Royal Australian College of Surgeons (RACS) and has with strong links to the University of Auckland. Relocation packages are offered to international surgeons. Part time work can be considered.
Key duties include:
- providing comprehensive secondary and some tertiary (as appropriate) otolaryngology services to the regional community.
- providing appropriate and timely advice and assistance for Acute Care Services with respect to otolaryngology.
- instructing, monitoring and advising junior medical officers and other health professionals
The hospital has 350 beds and offers a full range of medical and surgical services to adults and children of all ages and demographics including a 24 hour emergency department and radiological and pathology support. The catchment area covers over 12600 kilometres spreading over the north west tip of the North Island of New Zealand and is populated by almost 200,000 people with a high Maori demographic, which has specific health problems. The hospital acts as a referral centre for three small provincial hospitals offering basic medical services and in turn, is supported by tertiary hospitals in Auckland.
The hospital is accredited for postgraduate medical training by the Royal Colleges of Australia and New Zealand and participates in medical student teaching for the two medical schools in New Zealand, Auckland and Otago.
- Specialist post-graduate qualification eligible for registration on the Vocational register with the Medical Council of New Zealand. This qualification must be in the general field of Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery (FRACS) (recognisable other specialist qualifications from USA, Canada, UK, Ireland and Western Europe may be acceptable in certain situations).
- Current Driver’s License – valid for New Zealand
- Excellent teamworking and communication skills are essential to the successful delivery and improvement of the clinical services.
As well as a warm climate, the "winterless north" offers excellent schools, affordable housing and scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. It is just two hours' drive or 25 minute flight from the international hub of Auckland and is well serviced with flights.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for ENT Surgeon Jobs