Role: Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Scope of Practice: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Contract: Permanent full time or maximum part time
This role is for an experienced Psychiatrist interested in joining a small close-knit team that is a part of a broader group of psychiatrists contributing to care across the age bands, and in sub-specialty services including; maternal mental health, early psychosis service and addictions.
This is a great development opportunity to be able to contribute to the supervision and training of registrars whilst providing leadership to the wider clinical team.
As the Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist you will provide outpatient care from the major regional hospital location as well as from rural clinics located in other parts of the district.
You will join a Psychiatry team specific to C&A maintaining a strong working relationship with the paediatric/ child health services.
You will bring an interest and/ or prior knowledge in broad-based approaches to care, including working with both government agencies (e.g. Oranga Tamariki and Education) and non-government organisations.
- To be considered, you must have or be eligible for specialist registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in a vocational and/ or locum tenens Psychiatry scope of practice, with no restrictions to your APC.
- FRANZCP or equivalent specialist qualification
- previous experience working in the Child and Adolescent specialty.
The hospital offers
- on-going professional support with a commitment to continued medical education;
- professional development/ peer review
- participation in a growing service that has the opportunity to be at the forefront of both primary and secondary care innovations.
- provide a competitive relocation package to support you and your family to make the move to Whangārei (the employer is is also an Approved Accredited Employer by the New Zealand Immigration Service and can assist you to obtain an appropriate work visa).
As a region Northland is renowned for its beautiful beaches and relaxed lifestyle. There are great surf beaches and beautiful harbours and bays for sailing, kite surfing and windsurfing. It is also a top spot for fishing and diving with easy access to the world famous Poor Knights Marine reserve. There are also many beautiful forests and stunning hills to explore and climb.
As well as a warm climate, the "winterless north" offers excellent schools, affordable housing and scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. It is just two hours' drive or 25 minute flight from the international hub of Auckland and is well serviced with flights.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.