This is a new role in a dynamic team of 13 consultant psychiatrists who work with dedicated team of dedicated team of medical, nursing and allied health staff primarily caring for people in a community setting with complex needs requiring specialist mental health services.
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health service (CAMHS) is an experienced and motivated team, attending to clients from toddler ages up to 18 years of age.
The team relies on a variety of professions and skills, utilizing CBT, dynamic therapies, family interventions, Mindfulness and DBT groups, as well as a range of local primary services working in unison for the best interest of our community.
Whilst practising within your psychiatry set of skills, you will be exposed and taught about New-Zealand’s unique cultures, which you will incorporate into your practice.
The Mental Health and Addictions service (MHAS) hosts medical students from the University of Auckland. You will enjoy the benefits of teaching and supervising years 5 and 6, while having access to the University’s up to date resources.
The MHAS provides a wide range of specialist services within the Taranaki region that include:
- A 23 bed inpatient unit (4 beds - IPC), an Assessment and a Brief Intervention service working in the community. High and complex needs and community supported rehabilitation service beds are accessed via Tui ora a Kaupapa Maori service.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health Services for Older people.
- Alcohol and Drug Services.
- Provide consultant services to people requiring specialist care.
- Interact daily with other departments.
- Mentor junior medical staff attached to the service.
- Have the ability to work in a range of settings i.e. inpatient, outpatient and community settings inclusive of crisis work.
- Cover for colleagues in their absence.
- Participate in an on call 1:10 roster.
- Eligibility for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or be able to show you are on the path to getting this (we can assist you with this)
- FRANZCP or equivalent Postgraduate qualification in psychiatry
- Attractive salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa DOE
- CME package
- Relocation expenses
- Medical Practice costs reimbursed
- permanent full time employment
- pension benefits
- 6 weeks annual paid leave
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts and follow us on twitter for new positions @odysseymedic