5 year Contract, full time
Salary: $355,763 - $452,953 p.a
Consultant Anaesthetist role in outback general hospital with clinical, leadership and educational duties. Attractive town with great amenities and nature surrounding just 600 km from Perth the state capital. Kalgoorlie is a hub for the Rural Clinical School of Western Australia, with excellent shopping, school and recreational opportunities, a gateway to explore the outback including the iconic Canning Stock Route, Gunbarrel Highway and John Holland Tracks, as well as Esperance and the southern coastline.
- Clinical Anaesthesia services
- Administrative leadership in combination with other Anaesthetists with responsibility for policy development and review.
- Provide training, supervision and education for GP Anaesthetists, Senior Medical Practitioners and Doctors in Training.
Hospital: is a recently revitalised 106-bed general inpatient facility and the second largest regional public hospital in WA. It services more than 50,000 residents of Kalgoorlie-Boulder as well as outlying towns, and rural and remote communities in the Goldfields region. Consultation and Liaison services are provided to the Kalgoorlie hospital and other small hospitals in the region.
Kalgoorlie, a town of 30,000 people, is just short of 600km from Perth, the major referral centre for the Goldfields of Western Australia which had 61900 residents in 2013 and projected to increase to 68400 by 2023.
The hospital services Kalgoorlie-Boulder and Esperance, in addition to many, some very remote towns and Aboriginal communities, with exciting and varied cultural and medical challenges.
- eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists or equivalent.
- Have demonstrated experience in Specialist Anaesthetics at a senior level and contemporary knowledge of professional issues and trends in Anaesthetics.
- A demonstrated commitment to effective management of clinical risk and improving quality.
- High level of communication, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to work effectively, lead in a team environment and commitment to continuing education.
Significant experience in rural and remote Anaesthetic provision and sound understanding of remote area health service provision is desirable
Salary: $354,487-451,677 pa (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and professional development allowance)
In addition to the great salary employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Other professional and location based allowances
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.