A consultant community paediatrician is sought for a permanent role with a regional health board in New Zealand. The paediatrician will join a team of 20 physicians (ten Paediatricians, two fellow positions, 2 registrars, and 8 senior house officers.) which provides a general paediatric acute and outpatient service. The candidate will join a well-established community child health service working innovatively to integrate child and youth health portfolios across the community. The position includes commitments to the Gateway service, Violence Intervention program and the Children's team
The work schedule is maximum part time, encompassing .8 FTE (average of 4 days per week with regular rostered week days off) and a 1:9 acute on call commitment.
The ideal candidate will be dually trained or have a proven track record in both General Paediatrics and Chapter of Community Child Health.
- FRACP (paediatrics) or equivalent qualification
- Eligibility for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Fluent English communication (IELTS Academic module, mean score 7.5)
- Excellent acute paediatric and neonatal skills
- Communication and relationship building skills