NZ$ 75,078 to $106,858 plus benefits
1 day ago
Are you a clinical psychologist interested in working with expert mental health services in New Zealand with well-funded continuing education and professional development projects?
We have clinical psychologist positions in Auckland, in a well-established mental health service covering general adult psychiatry, old age psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry, learning disabilities, forensic psychiatry, psychotherapy, acute psychiatry and rehabilitation psychiatry from hospital and community settings.
You will be expected to:
- Identify psychological, emotional or behavioural issues
- Diagnose psychological, emotional or behavioural disorders
- Develop and implement treatment plans and therapeutic processes
- Help clients define goals and plan action to achieve personal, social, educational and vocational development and adjustment
- Monitor client progress through regular meetings or sessions
- Teach classes
- Conduct research
- Publish research findings in industry journals
You can expect a permanent employment contract with attractive salary in the range of NZ$ 75,078 to $106,858 gross per annum DOE, pension benefits, and annual leave as well as
- Relocation support to move to Auckland
- Professional development programmes and $2,500 per year for your Continuing Education & Professional Development and up to 20 hours CEPD leave.
- You will also be paid an on-call allowance if you are required to work off duty hours.
- Reimbursement of the fees for your Annual Practicing Certificate to practice in New Zealand.
You must have a bachelors degree in Psychology and a Masters or PHD with active practising certificate and experience working as a clinical psychologist.
You must also have English fluency and IELTS Academic score of 7.5 if a non- native English speaker.
Auckland is the largest city of New Zealand with a population of over 1.6 million, almost 30% of the country’s population, and is a multi-cultural hub of food, music, arts and culture. Also known as Tāmaki Makaurau, Auckland sprawls over volcanic hills and around twin harbours, offering an exhilarating mix of natural wonders and urban adventures.
The city’s climate is temperate, with warm summers (averaging more than 24 degrees) and cooler winters (averaging 16 degrees). The summer months are between December and March.
It is the commercial and retail centre of New Zealand and is home to some of the countries best educational establishments.
Why Should You Apply?
A world city, ranked in the top 10 of the global “most liveable cities” with an enviable lifestyle, excellent cultural, recreational and educational organisations and surrounded by magnificent natural beauty is a great place to start your career in New Zealand.