Role: Clinical Psychologist
Contract: Permanent full time
A passionate psychologist is sought to join a supportive multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural community based Adult Mental Health and Addiction Service team in Kerikeri and Kaikohe.
You will work with adults experiencing moderate to severe mental health and addiction difficulties and you will provide a range of psychological services including comprehensive assessments, intervention plans and therapy.
Experience in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) would be an asset.
- To provide a high standard of clinical psychology practice and expertise, contributing to the provision of efficient and effective service
- To provide psychology input into the multi-disciplinary team in an effective and cooperative manner.
To be successful you will have:
- A working knowledge and commitment to Tikanga
- Appropriate experience of service provision, including early intervention with Psychological and Psychometric screening with the provision of a variety of Psychological treatments.
- The ability and willingness to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in working with individuals with Axis I and Axis II disorders.
- A working knowledge of the Justice system.
- Knowledge and experience in working within a CBT/DBT framework.
As a region Northland is known in Maori as the “Tail of the Fish” due to its long peninsular geography at the northwest tip of the North Island. It is renowned for its beautiful beaches and relaxed lifestyle, abundant rolling farmlands and stunning natural harbours blessed with a subtropical climate and long hours of sunshine. This creates the backdrop for a vast range of leisure pursuits; sailing, surfing, swimming, kayaking, hiking, farming, diving and fishing are all popular
There is delicious fresh produce from farm and sea and easy access to the world famous Poor Knights Marine reserve. There are also many beautiful forests and stunning hills to explore and climb.
As well as a warm climate, the "winterless north" offers excellent schools, affordable housing and scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. It is just two hours' drive or 25 minute flight from the international hub of Auckland and is well serviced with flights.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.