You will work with adults experiencing moderate to severe mental health and addiction difficulties and you will provide a range of psychological services including comprehensive assessments, intervention plans and therapy.
- To provide a high standard of clinical psychology practice and expertise, contributing to the provision of efficient and effective service within the Community Maori Mental Health and Addiction Service.
- To provide psychology input into the multi-disciplinary team in an effective and cooperative manner.
- To work as a key member of the multi-disciplinary team providing assessment, treatment and consultation, taking account of psychosocial and kaupapa Maori issues relevant to the well being of tangata whaiora Maori within the context of their whanau.
- Liaise with NDHB services, community agencies and other kaupapa Maori specific organisations (e.g. marae, hapu and iwi) to increase access to specialist care for tangata whaiora Maori requiring the services of mental health and addiction professionals.
- Participate as an effective team member in the development and functioning of the Community Maori Mental Health and Addiction Service of Northland Health, with a commitment to kaupapa Maori health delivery, ongoing education, and innovative practice.
- Be registered with the NZ Psychologists Board and have a current practicing certificate
- Have 4 years experience of professional practice in mental health
- Full driving licence
- Have experience in psychological assessment using a range of assessment tools with adults who have mental health and addiction difficulties
- Have experience delivering a range of evidence-informed psychological interventions
- Be committed to cultural and ethical competence
- Work well within multidisciplinary teams
There is delicious fresh produce from farm and sea and easy access to the world famous Poor Knights Marine reserve. There are also many beautiful forests and stunning hills to explore and climb.
As well as a warm climate, the "winterless north" offers excellent schools, affordable housing and scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. It is just two hours' drive or 25 minute flight from the international hub of Auckland and is well serviced with flights.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.