Job Title: Clinical Psychologist for Mental Health Service, Old Age
Location: New Plymouth, New Zealand
Start Date: ASAP
Working hours: 40 per week
This position is responsible for providing psychology services to clients of the Mental Health Service Older People (MHSOP). As well as providing psychological assessment and intervention, including community-based groups. Neuropsychological assessment is a component of this position.
The MHSOP team is multi-disciplinary and currently includes 3 psycho-geriatricians, 1 full time and 1 part time clinical psychologist, mental health nurses, social workers, occupational therapists and cultural support. The team has a strong focus on community care but also has access to four beds within the acute inpatient area.
The service provides specialist assessment and treatment in outpatient clinics and in people's home including care facilities.
- Assessment, including neuropsychology assessment, psychological testing and treatment.
- Provision of individual counselling or psychotherapy.
- Ensuring practice is based on nationally recognised standards.
- Active participation within the multi-disciplinary team and the fostering of partnership and cooperation.
In this region of New Zealand, situated in the south west of the North Island, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Major attractions include Taraanki Mountain, Egmont National Park and the New Plymouth Coastal Walkway with Auckland just 50 minutes flight away and Wellington 60 minutes.
- Be a Doctor of Clinical Psychology or equivalent; Clinical Psychology Scope of Practice.
- Be registered and hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate from the New Zealand Psychologists Board.
- Have at least two years post registration experience.
- Preferably have experience in working with older adults, neuropsychology and CBT.
- Be committed to team working and contribute to team success.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts and follow us on twitter for new positions @odysseymedic