We are seeking applications from suitably qualified clinical psychologists to work in a regional Community Adult Mental Health and Addiction Service in the north island of New Zealand. The service focuses on the treatment of adults with moderate to severe mental illness and addiction problems. Split between two separate towns, some local travel will be required. Good team working skills are esssential as is experience in a wide range of psychological assessments and interventions.
A challenging role, the position is within a supportive multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural setting and offers an interesting career within a beautiful environment. You will be providing a range of psychological services including comprehensive assessments, intervention plans and therapy. Experience in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) would be valued.
You will need
- To be registered with the NZ Psychologists Board and have a current practicing certificate
- To have experience in psychological assessment using a range of assessment tools with adults who have mental health and addiction difficulties
- To have experience delivering a range of evidence-informed psychological interventions
- To be committed to cultural and ethical competence
- To work well within multidisciplinary teams
The clinics are located in Kaikohe and Kerikeri, two towns in the northernmost tip of New Zealand and just 30 minutes drive apart. The Northland region borders Auckland to the south whilst its western coast has long sandy beaches, its eastern coast is rugged with bays and inlets. Much of the region is forested and its largest town is Whangarei the location of the regional general hospital with 350 beds.
The climate is subtropical, mild all year round and hot in summer. The region offers a relaxed lifestyle, low cost living and a large range of outdoor activities, sailing, tramping, hiking, nature trips with educational and cultural institutions in Whangarei.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages