ROLE: Clinical Psychologist
A clinical psychologist vacancy has arisen in Palmerston North in a team working with older adults in hospital and community. It is a 32-hour working week which is 0.8 FTE and permanent.
The successful applicant will join a multi-disciplinary therapy-based service providing inpatient and outpatient services to individuals with rehabilitation needs resulting from illness or injury.
Your duties will include:
- provide assessment and therapeutic intervention over a wide scope of clinical practice areas to further develop the psychology role within the service.
- focus on working with adults 65 years and older who present with mental health needs, both in the inpatient setting and supporting transition to community based follow up.
- psychological and neuropsychological assessments and therapy to develop strategies to maximise rehabilitation, as well as supporting families/whanau.
- provide assessment and psychological interventions related to mental, cognitive, and physical health status to optimise quality of life and to support recovery.
You will need:
- registration with the Psychologists Board of New Zealand
A 350 bed secondary hospital, which services an urban population of 80,000 and a total population catchment of 168,000. In addition, the hospital is a teaching hospital, and is associated with both Auckland and Otago medical schools.
This is an exciting time to join this hospital as the regional medical facilities are embarking upon a transformational change programme to firmly establish the district health board as a high performing health system that meets the current and future demands of its communities, that provides improved patient experiences for service users, and that achieves improved patient and community health and wellbeing.
The change programme will build on its significant achievements to date, in particular its investment in developing primary and community care services and relationships. It will work to further reduce service duplication and fragmentation, to move care into and closer to people’s homes, and to achieve an integrated and community focused high performing health system.
A major university city in the North island of New Zealand, Palmerston North is the home of Massey University and is at the hub of key routes to the central North Island ski fields, and river adventures. Wellington the capital city, is only a two hour journey by road, as are the wine growing regions of Hawke’s Bay and Wairarapa.
Situated in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand, the local region offers visitors and residents a unique mix of lifestyle by combining rural charm with the convenience of sophisticated living with all modern services and luxuries expected of vibrant cities, including a shopping plaza, a Globe theatrical centre, the Regent and Centre Point theatres, and dozens of hotels/motels.
There are excellent primary, intermediate and secondary schooling, both public and private, mixed and single sex. Cost of living is reasonable, housing very affordable, and rural living with stunning views only minutes from town is very achievable
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages.