Consultant Plastic Surgeon and Clinical Director of Plastic Surgery
This role is a combined leadership and clinical position for an experienced plastic surgeon to lead a plastic surgery department in a busy provate sector hospital in Riyadh providing reconstructive and aesthetic surgical services.
You will create the vision for the department and define the goals for its path towards becoming the top plastic surgery clinical service in the Saudi Arabian capital. You will inspire and lead your team of surgeons, nurses and therapists to provide excellence.
You will need excellent clinical surgical skills combined with skills and experience in leadership and management.
You should have sound experience of independent practice and a scope of practice encompassing general reconstructive and aesthetic surgery.
This post offers a competitive tax-free salary and benefits package which includes accommodation, travel, healthcare cover and more whilst working in an internationally accredited and well equipped hospital.
- Private sector, JCI accredited hospital
- Full time role with fixed length contract
- Competitive tax-free salary package with benefits including accommodation
- Require American Board of Plastic Surgery, FRCSC or equivalent specialist qualification
- Require at least 5 years’ experience as a consultant
- Scope of practice includes reconstructive and aesthetic procedures
- Excellent CME programme
The company owns and operates extensive healthcare facilities in Saudi Arabia and the UAE and is expanding its services throughout the Gulf states opening hospitals and polyclinics providing primary, secondary and selected tertiary care.
The hospital, located in the capital city of Riyadh, holds JCI accreditation for all programmes confirming American standard of medical care provided by Western trained senior medical staff.
You can expect to work in modern, well equipped facilities with generous remuneration which includes tax free income and a package of benefits with free accommodation and healthcare.
As a consultant plastic surgeon and clinical director, you will lead a team of consultants, specialists and residents to provide a fully comprehensive service in a private general hospital to in patients, out patients and day case patients.
Working hours are 48 per week Sunday - Thursday. The employer provides an employment contract with basic salary and performance related bonus paid tax free in local currency (SAR), flights and additional benefits which includes housing and medical cover and 30 days annual leave.
In order to be considered for this role you should have the following credentials:
- Medical Degree from WHO approved school
- General surgery residency and fellowship in plastic surgery with board certification or specialist registration in plastic surgery from a western country - USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Sweden and equivalents.
- Minimum experience 5 years as an attending or consultant surgeon
- Experienced in aesthetic surgery
- No malpractice claims
- Clean medical practice license from country of practice
- Fluent English communication and Arabic desirable.
- Data Flow Report desirable
Riyadh is the capital city of Saudi Arabia and the centre of political, economic, commercial and financial activity in the country. Designated a global city, it has a population of almost 7 million and excellent transport links to the rest of the Middle East, Europe and Asia. It has a large expatriate population with plenty of opportunities for leisure, social activities and travel.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Read about living and working in Saudi Arabia in our country profile of Saudi Arabia
If you have any questions, please get in touch.