The 360 bed hospital serves a population of almost 200,000 with general medical and surgical services. The existing Cardiology Service currently has the capacity to provide
- diagnostic angiography
- pacing and echocardiographic services
- an integrated heart failure service
- To provide a high standard of clinical practice and clinical expertise, contributing to the provision of efficient and effective general medical and cardiology services to the community and region served
- To assist with the supervision and instruction for Resident Medical Officers rostered to the medical service
- participate in on call rotas
- assist with the set up and development of new cardiology services.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Eligibility for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- FRACP or equivalent board certification (American board of Cardiology, FRCPC, FRCP / CCT)
- Experience - minimum 7 years postgraduate and 5 years in cardiology
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Proven clinical experience
- Demonstrated understanding of departmental development and the provision of strong clinical governance.
- Experience working in a rural setting
- Salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa basic
- 6 weeks annual leave
- pension contributions
- permanent contract
- medical practice costs reimbursed
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts on our website and follow new positions at twitter @odysseymedic