Scope of practice: service development
Contract: Permanent / Full time
This is a great role, based in an university city, for an experienced non interventional cardiologist to participate in the development of community and hospital based secondary cardiology services in a general hospital which has undergone service expansion and the initiation of an interventional cardiology service.
The hospital where the role is based has a catchment area of 180,000 people and the Cardiology Service currently has the capacity to provide exercise ECG’s, ambulatory monitoring, echocardiography (including TOE), diagnostic cardiac angiography, and the insertion and follow up of permanent pacemakers. There is a well-established heart failure service and the service is implementing the national standards for cardiac care.
- Eligibility for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- FRACP or equivalent board certification
- Demonstrated clinical, management and teaching skills and the ability to work effectively within the multi-disciplinary team
- You can expect to have access to a thorough continuing medical education programme
- opportunities to participate in research projects, pursue subspecialist fields of interest and become involved with medical student and junior medical officer postgraduate education.
- Salary of NZ$ 200,000 – 300,000 pa
- Superannuation benefits
- 6 weeks annual paid leave
- Medical practice costs reimbursed
- Relocation costs for international physicians
A major university city in the North island of New Zealand, Palmerston North is the home of Massey University and is at the hub of key routes to the central North Island ski fields, and river adventures. Wellington the capital city, is only a two hour journey by road, as are the wine growing regions of Hawke’s Bay and Wairarapa.
Situated in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand, the local region offers visitors and residents a unique mix of lifestyle by combining rural charm with the convenience of sophisticated living with all modern services and luxuries expected of vibrant cities, including a shopping plaza, a Globe theatrical centre, the Regent and Centre Point theatres, and dozens of hotels/motels.
There are excellent primary, intermediate and secondary schooling, both public and private, mixed and single sex. Cost of living is reasonable, housing very affordable, and rural living with stunning views only minutes from town is very achievable
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts on our website and follow new positions at twitter @odysseymedic