- Full time permanent role
- Excellent continuing professional development opportunities
- Attractive salary with pension benefits
You will join a general hospital in the Wellington region at the southeast corner of the North Island of New Zealand and become part of an enthusiastic, dynamic and committed team of health workers providing a modern and innovative approach to healthcare, with the bonus of a healthy, balanced lifestyle and opportunities for professional development.
The hospital provides secondary services for a population of approximately 148,000, as well as being the tertiary centre for regional plastic, maxillofacial and burns services, the regional rheumatology and school dental services and the greater Wellington public health and breast screening services.
Hutt Valley is part of Wellington, Capital of New Zealand. The region offers great restaurants, a vibrant cultural scene and coffee culture as well as ample opportunity for outdoor pursuits. Sailing, water sports, cycle trails and walking trails among wooded hillsides with fantastic views abound in the “Coolest Little in Capital the World (Lonely Planet)”.
- supervise the clinical care and management of acute and non acute patients
- supervision will include inpatient supervision, outpatient sessions including cardiac rehabilitation, and the performance and reporting of cardiac diagnostic tests.
- Supervision and guidance of RMO’s for clinical procedures
- Provide comprehensive care in Cardiology including ward rounds, outpatient clinics and acute call.
- You will be eligible for Vocational Scope Registration with the New Zealand Medical Council.
- FRACP or equivalent specialist qualification
- a supportive workplace culture with a commitment to your on-going professional development. This includes; a comprehensive orientation programme, training and study opportunities, and peer support.
- Salary of NZ$ 190-270K pa with pension benefits
- Paid annual leave 6 weeks per year
- Medical Licence costs reimbursed
If you are interested in this role, please forward CV for immediate consideration.