A Consultant Bariatric Surgeon is sought for a hospital in the Red Sea city of Jeddah. The hospital provides services to the adult and paediatric populations of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and surrounding countries in the Arabian Gulf. Services provided are extensive and range from primary care to secondary care and highly specialised tertiary care. The hospital has been a trailblazer in pioneering new treatments for which it has been recognised by multiple awards in the Kingdom. services include general surgery, cardio and thoracic surgery, interventional cardiology, internal medicine and subspecialities, dermatology, family medicine, paediatric, obstetrics and gynaecology, adult and paediatric intensive care, palliative care, medical and surgical oncology, radiation oncology, opthalmology and ENT, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, respiratory and sleep disorders, emergency medicine, anaesthesia, radiology and dentistry. it has the largest neonatal care unit in the Hijaz (Western region of Saudi Arabia).
The hospital is an Academic Training Hospital accredited by the Saudi Commission for Healthcare Specialties to train and qualify Board Certified Specialists in the following five disciplines: Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Orthopedics and Anesthesia and a Fellowship In Spine Surgery.
The employment package is a full time contract with salary (tax free at source and negotiable, accommodation, flights and healthcare cover.
- the assessment and management of patients referred to the surgical department including in patients.
- performance of surgical procedures
- supervision of junior medical staff
- maintenance of quality control policies
- General Surgery residency with fellowship in bariatric surgery and board certification / specialist registration / CCT in General Surgery
- Clean and active license to practice in current jurisdiction
- Fluent English communication, Arabic desirable
- A completed Data Flow Report is desirable
If you wish to apply for this job, please upload a recent CV.