Full time role (although part time can be considered) with a team of 16 consultant anaesthetists in a regional general secondary care hospital in the north of the North Island.
- 6 clinical sessions per week and 3 Non clinical sessions.
- an after hours roster that looks after normal Anaesthetic work and the level 2 ICU
- cover a range of regional hospital specialties, running one acute and 4 elective theatres a day.
- cover acute pain, birthing unit, MRI, trauma calls, pre assessment clinic etc.
- Eligible for vocational or provisional vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- FANZCA /FCICM or equivalent
- Experience in Intensive Care Medicine is strongly desirable, formal qualification(s) in ICU would be extremely attractive but are not a requirement
- many other areas of non clinical interest that we would be interested in discussing.
- stunning location
- attractive remuneration, no Ni
- pension benefits
- permanent contract
The beautiful Lakes District of Rotorua and Taupo is well known for its outdoor recreational options including trout fishing, walking tracks, cycling and mountain biking. Lake and river water sports such as boating and kayaking are exceptional. Add this to affordable housing, good schooling and a friendly atmosphere and you have one of the best places in the world to work as a physician.