Role: Consultant Anaesthetist
Contract: 5 years, full time, permanent
- Public sector regional hospital in Western Australia with excellent modern facilities
- Clinical duties are combined with active teaching role
- Full time role with a contract up to 5 years duration
- Specialist registration in Psychiatry with Australian Medical Board (AHPRA) required
- FANZCA or equivalent essential
- Experience in paediatric and obstetric anaesthesia
- Excellent working conditions
- Competitive salary package
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced and enthusiastic individual to take the position of Consultant – Anaesthetist with a team of anaesthetists working in a combined team with consultant anaesthetists, GP anaesthetists and hospital based senior medical practitioners.
The hospital has 100 beds and is currently undergoing redevelopment including significant expansion of the emergency department and provision for an Integrated Mental Health Unit and Intensive Care/High Dependency Unit.
The successful candidate will be required to work well within a multidisciplinary team setting and have experience in both paediatric and obstetric anaesthesia.
You will participate in local medical education and quality management, provide education support to colleagues and other staff and support the Head of Department Anaesthesia in future anaesthetic service development.
Requirements – Essential
- Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia.
- Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANCA) or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated extensive experience in anaesthesia in a hospital setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within a multidisciplinary service.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Aboriginal Cultural Respect Framework.
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health, and how these impact on employment and service delivery
The Salary as per WA Health System Medical Practitioners AMA Industrial Agreement 2016: Shown as Fixed Term Full Time (80 hours per FT) - Rates effective as at July 2021.
Consultant Year 1 – 9 $357,246 - $454,880 p.a* *Includes Arrangement A base salary $296,757—$385,515 p.a., 10% employer contributed superannuation and professional development allowance $30,814 p.a. In addition (in line with operational requirements) a and access to salary packaging up to $19,000 p.a., professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance, flexible leave arrangements.
The Midwest is located in the western middle section of Western Australia and stretches from the Indian Ocean in the west and bordered by the Pilbara in the north, the Wheatbelt in the south and Goldfields in the south and east. It incorporates four health districts - Gascoyne, Geraldton, Midwest and Murchison. It covers more than 600,000 square kilometres, nearly one quarter of the State, with its population concentrated along the coast.
The region supports a wide range of industry, including mining, agriculture, aquaculture and tourism. Mining is the predominant sector in the central and northern parts of the region, with a well established agricultural sector in the south.
WACHS is the largest country health system in Australia and one of the biggest in the world, providing health services to approximately half a million people, including 45,000 Aboriginal people, over a vast two and a half million square kilometre. The organisation comprises seven regions, with a strong network of public hospitals, health across rural and remote Western Australia.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.