A Consultant Anaesthetist is sought for a full time permanent role in Western Australia to provide a comprehensive anaesthetic service and airway management to patients in the region. Participation in non clinical work includes continued medical education and quality management, education support to colleagues and other staff, and support to the Head of Anaesthetics in future anaesthetic service development.
- Perform clinical duties in the Anaesthetic department and provide patient care as per hospital policy.
- Assist with the management of patients in the High Dependency Unit and Emergency department and elsewhere as necessary, particularly with airway management.
- Ensure that medical staff assigned to Anaesthetic Department provide quality care to patients.
- Participate fully in the hospital’s preventive health and primary care programs.
- Supports colleagues, nurses and other health workers in the performance of their clinical duties.
Area Profile: The WA Country Health Service (WACHS) is the largest country health system in Australia and one of the biggest in the world, providing health services to approximately half a million people, including 45,000 Aboriginal people, over a vast two and a half million square kilometre area. The organisation comprises seven regions, with a strong network of public hospitals, health services and health centres located across rural and remote Western Australia. Our core business is the provision of quality, accessible health services to country WA residents and visitors.
The city of Albany is the southernmost city of Western Australia and is a port city renowned for its mangificent beaches and surrounding natural parks.
MP Year 1-9 $354,487 to $451,677 p.a. (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and Professional Development Allowance)In addition to the great salary, employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study Leave/assistance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
- Other professional and location based allowances