A new role in an expanding anaesthesia service in a regional district hospital in the North Island of New Zealand offering a broad scope of practice, including work at a satellite hospital, involvement in teaching future anaesthetists and plenty of time off to enjoy the magnificent local area.
A public sector 260 bed hospital providing secondary medical services for a population of 200,000 people spread across a forrested and rural region bound by two coastlines. There is a 24/7 emergency department with all usual medical and surgical services with tertiary support from Auckland.
- Provision of anaesthesia for elective surgery sessions.
- Provision of anaesthesia for acute (non-booked) surgery.
- Scheduled anaesthetic duties in other locations, i.e.:
Radiology, CT, Psychiatric Unit, and Delivery Suite.
- Preoperative assessment clinics.
- Acute Pain Service duties
- Eligible for vocational or provisional vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- FANZCA or equivalent specialist qualification
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa, basic
- stunning location
- attractive remuneration, no NI
- pension benefits
- permanent contract
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration with details of three professional referees.