Salary and Benefits Package or FFS
21 days ago
An experienced anaesthetist is sought for a full time, permanent role in a 50 bed rural hospital in Newfoundland Canada. The hospital provides general medical, surgical, paediatric, psychiatric, obstetric and gynaecological services to a population of over 70,000. It has fully staffed operating rooms, 24/7 Emergency Department, radiology services and pathology laboratory. The nearest tertiary referral hospital is one hour's flight away in the capital city of St Johns.
The anaesthetist will join a team of anaesthetists covering operating lists in general surgery, urology, orthopaedics, ENT, Ophthalmology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics and pain management.
The position has the option of salaried or fee for service contracts. The former attracts a guaranteed income in excess of $200,000 pa depending on experience, relocatation and licensure expenses and retention bonus.
- Provide general and regional anaesthesia services
- On call service 1 in 4
- Maintain postgraduate education CME portfolio in accordance with the regulations of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland
- Participate in quality assurance programmes
- Medical degree from WHO approved school
- Residency in anaesthesia undertaken in one of the following countries - UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, USA
- FRCPC or equivalent (FANZCA, American Board of Anaesthesiology, FRCA / CCT, FCA (SA) all accepted)
- Eligible for registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland as specialist anaesthetist
- Experience in rural and remote medicine would be an advantage
- Fluent English language comunication (IELTS mean score 7.5 for non native speakers)