The post is based in a busy 260-bed general hospital providing secondary services and acting as the tertiary centre for regional plastics, oral maxillofacial, burns and rheumatology services.
There is a suite of 8 operating rooms and 8-bed ICU/HDU. There are 8000+ operative procedures per year in General Surgery, Orthopaedics, ENT, Gynaecology, Dental, Plastics, reconstruction and OMF, and 1,800 deliveries annually in the Obstetric Unit and 600 admissions to the ICU each year.
- provision of anaesthetic and intensive care services including day case anaesthetics, theatre sessions, outpatient anaesthetic assessment clinics, critical care and sedation services and acute pain management.
- On Call Duties: 1 in 10
- willing to take a lead in quality development and teaching.
- FANZCA or equivalent specialist qualification
- vocationally registered (or eligible) in New Zealand
- competent to provide level 1 ICU care,
- permanent employment contract
- basic salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa DOE
- reimbursement of medical practice expenses
- 6 weeks annual leave
If you are interested in this role, please forward CV for immediate consideration.