A new role for an experienced Anaesthetic Technician in a 260 bed general hospital which has expanded its surgical services with the recent addition of 2 new operating theatres to a total of 8 operating theatres and a procedure room.
You will be working on specialties including orthopaedics, general surgery, gynaecology and ENT. Being a regional hospital, your patients will range in age from paediatric to geriatric.
The hospital acts as a referral centre for three small provincial hospitals offering basic medical services and in turn, is supported by tertiary hospitals in Auckland.
- provide safe operational anaesthetic and ancillary equipment to anaesthetists in operating theatre.
- provide direct clinical assistance to anaesthetists and Intensivists maintaining a high standard of patient care.
- carry out these duties in a safe, professional manner with a high degree of clinical competence.
- be part of an integrated operating theatre team with a commitment to ensuring efficient functioning of the operating theatre
- current practising certificate and Registered with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand.
- Certificate/Diploma in Anaesthetic Technology or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to practice in a culturally safe manner
- Demonstrated ability to be a functional and effective team member
- 2 years experience post qualification
- Full orientation and support will be provided for the successful applicant.
- Salary - national pay scale
- Pension benefits
- Paid annual leave
Applications and Further Information: If you are interested in this role please forward your CV with details of three referees for immediate consideration.