A Registrar in Anaesthesia is sought for a fixed term 6-12 months service (ie non training) post commencing as soon as possible. The hospital is a regional secondary care provider in the North Island serving a population of 160,000. It is supported by three smaller regional hospitals and provides the usual hospital based specialities including medicine,, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, psychiatry, 24/7 Emergency Department and laboratory and radiological back up.
- team work with 7 other registrars to support consultant lead service
- attend operating lists to perform various anaesthesia procedures on patients
- perform pre- operative assessments
- manage post operative recovery
- ensure knowledge is current
- medical degree and eligible for general scope of registration with Medical Council of New Zealand
- minimum 12 months experience in anaesthesia
- fluent English (non native speakers must have IETLS mean score 7.5)
CLOSING DATE FEBRUARY 9 2018
Please apply with a CV not longer than 4 pages.