Role: Adult General Psychiatrist Consultant Leader of Community Acute Care Team
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Whangarei North Island New Zealand
Working Hours: Full time
A consultant adult general psychiatrist role providing acute care and leadership to the crisis team 2 days a week and a new home-based treatment service for those experiencing acute mental illness.
The position is community based in Whangarei and may include work in some rural clinics within the Northland region.
The new home based treatment service will require partnership with an NGO provider and on going design and implementation of services.
- To provide psychiatric assessment and management of clients under the care of general adult community teams and to provide expert psychiatric opinion and advice to clinicians working within other specialties.
- To provide clinical leadership for the General Adult Mental Health and Addiction Services multidisciplinary teams.
- To provide assessment and management, to participate in court hearings and to undertake any other activities required to fulfill the role of responsible clinician for patients subject to the Mental Health Act.
- To provide psychiatric assessment and management of any clients admitted to the Whangarei inpatient or subacute unit.
- To act as an effective member of multidisciplinary teams in both Mental Health and Addiction Services and other specialist services.
- To provide supervision when required to a registrar and other clinicians.
The area has a high level of deprivation which impacts on mental health and addiction services. 53% of the client base are Maori.
The beautiful Northland covers an area of 12,600 square kilometres with a population of approximately 160,000. Boasting some of the most scenic and exciting coastal areas of New Zealand, here is your opportunity to prioritise your work-life balance whilst joining a brilliant working environment and collaborative team.
- Specialist qualification in psychiatry FRANZCP or equivalent board certification
- Vocational registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or eligibility for this.
- Experience in General Adult Psychiatry.
- Current Full NZ drivers’ licence
- Experience as a supervisor of psychiatric registrars.
- Experience working in a rural community setting.
If you are interested in this post, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
For new roles sign up for job alerts and follow us on twitter @odysseymedic