The Paediatric Department consists of 22 bed General Paediatric ward, a 4 bed day stay unit, and a 12 bed level 2 SCBU employing of 12 SMOs and 2 Fellows on the consultant roster, and 8 Registrars on the Registrar roster. (On call1 in 8).
These roles are suitable for Paediatric Basic Trainees with at least six months of Paediatric experience , advanced trainees in specialties needing Paediatric experience, such as Emergency Medicine or Anaesthesia or Advanced Training in General Paediatrics, but not for the rural component.
Closing date for applications
Designated SHO: Monday 13 June 2022
Offers made on
Designated SHO: Monday 22 August 2022
Designated SHO: Monday 29 August 2022
Skill and Qualifications Required
- Applicants must hold or be eligible for general registration with the New Zealand Medical Council and this can be obtained by physicians working in one of the countries with comparable healthcare systems including UK, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia, Spain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Greece Czech Republic, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Israel, Belgium.
- Must have completed PGY2
- Previous Neonatal experience is desirable but not essential.
- Previous paediatrics experience essential (at least 6 months)
- Salary paid monthly, according to national RMO framework
- Registration expenses paid
- No national insurance
- Excellent CME and clinical instruction
Applications and Further Information:
All applications should include:
- Up-to-date CV
- 3 x referee details (one of whom must be your most recent supervisor).