2023 Training Year – January 2024
This role offers excellent experience of general paediatrics in a provincial centre, including busy inpatient unit, outpatients and a level 2 special care nursery (SCBU). You work closely with a supportive and enthusiastic consultant team and skilled nursing and allied health team. The medical team also includes House Officers and medical students. The paediatric service is supported by specialist ED and ICU services and has good access to radiology and laboratory services.
These roles are based in a 260 bed General Hospital with sound support from consultants an excellent clinical mix of cases and opportunities for study support and professional development, The region is renowned for its beautiful beaches and relaxed lifestyle. There are great surf beaches and beautiful harbours and bays for sailing, kite surfing and windsurfing. It is also a top spot for fishing and diving with easy access to the world famous Poor Knights Marine reserve. There are also many beautiful forests and stunning hills to explore and climb.
- work under consultant supervision
- participate in an active clinical training programme and regular quality assurance meetings.
- participate in on call rota
- General registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or eligibility for this
- Previous experience of at least 12 months in paediatrics essential
- salary paid in accordance with national pay scales for Resident medical officers
- pension benefits
- no National Insurance
- reimbursement of costs of obtaining medical licence
- free use of hospital gym
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration. Three professional referees are required, one of whom must be your current supervisor.