2023 Training Year – January 2024
We are looking for Medical Registrars to join a dedicated Haematology/Oncology team working from a new unit, in a dynamic and expanding service. The centre is primarily an outpatient service offering day stay chemotherapy with the Registrar assisting the acute medical team with management of patients on treatment requiring admission.
Working closely with the Haematologists and Oncologists means you can widen your practice as your skills grow. You will also contribute to the acute medical roster.
There is an active clinical training programme with didactic sessions, interactive based teaching, journal club and videoconferencing of RACP lectures. The hospital is accredited for 24 months basic physician training.
This role is based in a 260 bed General Hospital with sound support from consultants an excellent clinical mix of cases and opportunities for study support and professional development, The region is renowned for its beautiful beaches and relaxed lifestyle. There are great surf beaches and beautiful harbours and bays for sailing, kite surfing and windsurfing. It is also a top spot for fishing and diving with easy access to the world famous Poor Knights Marine reserve. There are also many beautiful forests and stunning hills to explore and climb.
- work under consultant supervision
- participate in acute medical on call rota
- participate in an active clinical training programme and regular quality assurance meetings.
- General registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or eligibility for this
- Previous experience in general medicine
- salary paid in accordance with national pay scales for Resident medical officers
- pension benefits
- no National Insurance
- reimbursement of costs of obtaining medical licence
- free use of hospital gym
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration. Three professional referees are required, one of whom must be your current supervisor.