Employer Profile: Taranaki District Health Board
The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks, and the symmetrical volcanic cone of Mt Taranaki even featured in the Last Samurai movie starring Tom Cruise , a lookalike to Mt Fuji in Japan.
There are art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries as well as a thriving café culture and the world famous Egmont National Park is a dream destination for hikers with over 300km of scenic walking tracks.
- practice opportunities in a regional general hospital and smaller rural hospital
- permanent and fixed term consultant appointments
- house officer and registrar roles for junior doctors
- accredited medical training positions
- excellent CME programmes
- rural medicine experience
Taranaki District Health Board is one of the North Island's regional health boards serving a population of 120,000 people. It operates 2 public hospitals and 5 health centres which employ over 2000 staff. Taranaki is ranked the second favourite health board for new physician employment in New Zealand and has won Australasian Medical Awards for its doctor training programmes.