UAE Medical Licensing Changes - Some Good News

UAE | Medical Licensing Changes - Some Good News

22nd Jan 2015

There is some good news from the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD), one of the major UAE professional licensing organisations. The HAAD revised its terms for international medical graduates last year and there are some changes.

The main points are:

  1. Doctors from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa who hold Specialist Registration or Board Certification and practice in non interventional fields will be granted the Consultant License immediately upon passing the Specialist examination. The former experience requirement of 2 years is now waived. Physicians practising in interventional specialities will still have to complete the 2 years' experience post Specialist Registration.
  2. Doctors from the European Countries and Far East: the countries of Europe have been placed in Tier 2 and 3 categories and this means that physicians from these countries now have a longer experience requirement of 5 years after Specialist qualification before the Consultant License can be obtained.


Are you a business man or woman? Do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need funds to finance your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (Individuals, Companies, Realtor and Corporate Bodies) at our superb interest rate of 3%. For application and more information send replies to the following E-mail address: Thanks and look forward to your prompt reply. Regards, Muqse
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2017 19:22 by Abdul Muqse
I have worked for the last 19 years in the UK and have obtained my MRCPsych and am a memeber of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. Am I eleigible to work as a consultant in the UAE? Thanks
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2017 08:19 by Dina Elshamaa
I have passed the MoH examination in 1998 and was given SPECIALIST A with CONSULTANT B benefits. Since 2005, I have worked in UAE mostly. I also hold a CONSULTANT B MoH license as well. Where do I stand with regard to CONSULTANT license by HAAD.
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2015 13:46 by Gr.Y.Purnanandam

Post Comment