How to Get a Medical or Health Professional Registration in New Zealand
Medical, Nursing and Health Professionals Wanted for Aotearoa New Zealand, the "Land of the Long White Cloud"
You will need to hold qualifications accepted by the relevant organisation and an active practice license in your current jurisdiction. Additional requirements are:
- EPIC Report: primary source verification of qualifications
- English Language Testing: IELTS or OET are accepted if proof of English fluency is required. If you have worked in or hold citizenship from an English speaking country - UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA - this will not be required.
- References: 3 professional referees working in the same discipline with whom you have working in the last 2 years and one of whom must be from your current employment.
Professional Registration Boards
In most circumstances, you will need to have your registration approved or near completion in order to be considered for job vacancies in New Zealand.
Please contact our recruiters for advice and assistance with the registration process if you have questions or concerns.
DOCTORS: The Medical Council of New Zealand
- General Registration: open to all physicians who meet the criteria to practice in non specialist roles
- Vocational Registration: for specialist physicians whose qualifcations and experience will be assessed by the relevant College before approval. This registration category allows you to work as a specialist (consultant).
DENTISTS AND DENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS: Dental Council of New Zealand
CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGISTS: New Zealand Psychologists Board
The New Zealand Psychologists Board is the regulatory authority appointed under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 in respect of the profession of psychology. All persons using the title psychologist in New Zealand must be registered with the board.