The Bay of Islands #NorthlandNZ
The Bay of Islands is a subtropical micro-region known for its stunning beauty & history. For those that love beaches and water activities, it's paradise.
A three-hour drive or 35 minute flight north of Auckland, the Bay of Islands encompasses 144 islands between Cape Brett and the Purerua Peninsula and includes the boutique towns of Opua, Paihia, Russell and Kerikeri.
Medical Services in The Bay of Islands
The Bay of Islands Hospital is located in Kawakawa and provides care to the people of the Bay of Islands and the Mid North.
The 20-bed hospital provides comprehensive medical and paediatric services with all the supporting services and also provides a substantial community health service.
- Brand new 20-bed inpatient ward (a mixture of general medicine & paediatric beds)
- Five post-natal beds with two delivery suites
- Eight bed Accident and Medical Department including two resuscitation bays – this service is not a walk in Emergency Department
- Radiology and Laboratory services
- 8 station satellite haemodialysis unit (a support service to the Whangarei Hospital renal service)
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- Outpatient Clinics
- Community Health Services including Paediatric Outreach Services, Diabetes, Community, Nursing, Public Health and Social Work