Neurologist Jobs Worldwide
Specialist Neurologist and Junior Doctor Training and Service Roles
Register with Odyssey and search all current neurologist vacancies across the globe.
Contact us to discuss your job search with our experienced recruitment consultants and we will advise you of the best positions according to your scope of practice and career goals.
Neurologist Specialist Qualifications
- USA: American Board of Neurology
- Canada: FRCPC
- UK: FRCP / MRCP and CCT / CESR
- Ireland: MRCP and CSD
- Australia and New Zealand : FRACP
- South Africa: FCP (SA) / MMed Neurology
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
- Singapore: MMed Neurology
Junior Doctors - Trainee Neurologists
Junior doctor neurology training and service positions - House officer and Registrar - are available in New Zealand, Australia, UK and Ireland. Training roles are accredited by the appropriate postgraduate education organisations for a fixed time and provide structured education and supervision leading to specialist qualification and certification. Trainees should register with the appropriate Royal College or other institution for recognition of training and approval to take examinations.
Service roles are not accredited for training purposes but nevertheless provide excellent experience relevant to other specialities and general practice.
Junior doctor candidates must hold a medical degree from a WHO approved school, have completed internship and hold a valid practice certificate. Postgraduate country entrance exams may be required.
Practice Certificate, Medical Licence and Immigration
Our recruitment consultants will manage the visa and professional licence applications for you and advise you of the appropriate procedures and requirements for each country and jurisdiction. Most countries require primary source verification of qualifications via EPIC or Data Flow (MIddle East only).
Register for Neurologist Roles
Browse current Neurologist vacancies
Whangarei Northland New Zealand
The subtropical city of Whangarei is a thriving city with a vibrant arts community; a city of adventure, culture and natural beauty.
The Whangārei town basin is a sophisticated yet leisurely centre for eating and entertainment. Modern landscaping blends perfectly with colonial architecture to create a gathering place for locals, visitors and yachties from all over the world.
As well as stylish cafes and restaurants, there are museums, art galleries and specialty shops. Explore the City Centre Street Art walk with 15 large scale art murals, the Hundertwasser Art Centre, and Wairua Maori Art Gallery.
The summit of Mount Parihaka is the highest point in the city. It was once the site of the largest Māori Pā (fortified village) in New Zealand. The excavations are still visible, and interpretation of the area is provided at the site, which can be accessed by a pleasant walk through native forest from the summit.
Working as a Doctor or Health Professional in Whangarei
Services you can expect:
- Surgical 7 theatres each with own specialty
- 7 bed Intensive Care Unit and High Dependency Unit - Helicopter retrievals and transfers
- 24 hour Emergency Department
- Paediatrics - Paediatric Ward' Special Care Baby Unit and Intensive Care Unit
- Medical and Disability Support - 2 medical wards including Dialysis and Coronary Care
- Mental Health and Clinical Support - including 31 bed Inpatient Ward Maternal and Child Health - purpose built Child Health Centre
- Maori Health Service
- Community Health Services - located off campus in Whangarei and in the community. The services encompass Dental, Primary Care Nursing, Allied Health and Public Health Services
- Radiology - the Imaging Department offers full radiology services (with the exception of nuclear medicine)
- Clinical Support Services - Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Radiology, Social Work, Dietetics and Occupational Health
- Secondary care regional general hospital with tertiary support in Auckland
- Permanent and fixed term consultant jobs
- Accredited training and service jobs for house officers and registrars
- Excellent CME and postgraduate specialist training available
- Lower living costs than Auckland
- 35 minutes flight to Auckland