Neurologist Jobs Worldwide
Specialist Neurologist and Junior Doctor Training and Service Roles
Register with Odyssey and search all current neurologist vacancies across the globe.
Contact us to discuss your job search with our experienced recruitment consultants and we will advise you of the best positions according to your scope of practice and career goals.
Neurologist Specialist Qualifications
- USA: American Board of Neurology
- Canada: FRCPC
- UK: FRCP / MRCP and CCT / CESR
- Ireland: MRCP and CSD
- Australia and New Zealand : FRACP
- South Africa: FCP (SA) / MMed Neurology
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
- Singapore: MMed Neurology
Junior Doctors - Trainee Neurologists
Junior doctor neurology training and service positions - House officer and Registrar - are available in New Zealand, Australia, UK and Ireland. Training roles are accredited by the appropriate postgraduate education organisations for a fixed time and provide structured education and supervision leading to specialist qualification and certification. Trainees should register with the appropriate Royal College or other institution for recognition of training and approval to take examinations.
Service roles are not accredited for training purposes but nevertheless provide excellent experience relevant to other specialities and general practice.
Junior doctor candidates must hold a medical degree from a WHO approved school, have completed internship and hold a valid practice certificate. Postgraduate country entrance exams may be required.
Practice Certificate, Medical Licence and Immigration
Our recruitment consultants will manage the visa and professional licence applications for you and advise you of the appropriate procedures and requirements for each country and jurisdiction. Most countries require primary source verification of qualifications via EPIC or Data Flow (MIddle East only).
Register for Neurologist Roles
Browse current Neurologist vacancies
Whakatane, Bay of Plenty NZ
Advantages of Working as a Doctor or Healthcare Professional in Whakatane
- Renowned for great weather, beautiful beaches, culture and a relaxed lifestyle, the Whakatane region is one of New Zealand's most attractive locations for visitors and relocators.
- The main centre for the eastern Bay of Plenty, Whakatāne is one of the sunniest towns in New Zealand.
- Whakatāne is also known for its fishing, more yellowfin tuna are caught here than anywhere else in the country.
- Other Whakatāne attractions include the museums an observatory and Māori historical sites. The Ngā Tapuwae o Toi walkway leads to pā sites (old fortified villages), native forest and seabird colonies.
- Dolphin and Seal tours, which can include swimming encounters, start in November. There are guided Kayak tours on offer around Ohiwa Harbour and Whale Island.
- Whakatane is also very close to Ohope, a 10km white sandy beach, which has a small settlement and is perfect for camping, surfing, walking and relaxing in the sun.
Hospital, Medical Practice and Training
- 110 bed regional general hospital with 24/7 emergency department and all general specialities practised, affiliated with hospital in Tauranga.
- Tertiary referral service in Auckland
- Hospital is part of the campus of the University of Auckland Medical School
- Permanent and fixed term consultant positions
- Recognised as a rural training location
- Excellent opportunities to learn rural generalist medical skills
- Some house officer and registrar posts are service positions and not accredited training positions and are suitable for physicians taking a sabbatical or seeking to develop new clinical skills
- Unique opportunities to work with Maori people
- Opportunities for clinical research and audit.