Northland New Zealand
Northland is a story of two coastlines, the west coast is rugged and soulful while the east coast is relatively more sophisticated and urbane.
The subtropical Northland region stretches upwards from Auckland to the very top of New Zealand. Along the Twin Coast Discovery Highway, you can travel to the iconic Bay of Islands, as well as the Kauri Coast, the Far North, and Whangarei.
In the beautiful Bay of Islands you can take a boat cruise, view dolphins, dive, fish or just relax in the sun. The Waitangi Treaty Grounds is one of New Zealand's most significant historic sites.
Medical Services in Northland
Northland is a large region with a scattered population and areas of deprivation. Its health services are provided by 4 hospitals and a network of clinics providing primary and secondary medical services with Auckland the tertiary referral centre.
The hospitals are also part of the Auckland Medical School Campus and participate in medical school education.
Medical services provided include emergency medicine, internal medicine and subpsecialities, general surgery, urology, orthopaedics, ENT, ophthalmology, anaesthesia, radiology, pathology, psychiatry, general practice, rural generalist medicine.
Physician and Health Professional Jobs in Northland
Positions regularly available include:
- Specialist physicians and surgeons
- Junior doctors - house officers and registrars
- General practitioners and rural generalists
- Clinical Psychologists
- Medical Laboratory Scientists and Technicians
- Radiation Technologists
- Anaesthesia Technicians
Advantages of working in Northland:
- Well equipped hospitals with excellent working conditions
- Robust medical service quality and continued innovation
- Opportunities for clinical research and audit
- Sound CME programmes and dedicated education time
- Permanent specialist contracts
- Fixed term and locum appointments available
- Accredited training house officer and registrar jobs for junior doctors
- Service house officer and registrar jobs for sabbaticals or for additional experience or skills
- Opportunities to learn valuable rural generalist skills
- Opportunities to work with Maori people
- Wonderful nature and outdoor activities
- Relaxed lifestyle
- Close to Auckland
- Lower living costs than major cities of New Zealand