Internist Jobs Worldwide
Browse our latest jobs for internists / general physicians / hospitalists and junior internal medicine trainees
Locations of Internist Positions
- Canada - rural and urban hospital practice - salaried or fee for service
- Australia - rural and urban hospital practice, salaried
- New Zealand - rural and urban, salaried
- UK and Ireland - mostly urban and salaried
- UAE - city hospitals and polyclincs - salaried or fee for service
- Qatar - city hospitals, salaried
- Saudi Arabia - city hospitals and polyclinics - salaried
- China- city hospitals, salaried with incentive payments
- Singapore - city hospitals, salaried
Specialist Internist Roles
Specialist Internal Medicine Qualifications
- UK: MRCP / CCT
- Ireland: MRCPI / CSD
- USA: American Board of Internal Medicine
- Canada: FRCPC
- Australia and New Zealand: FRACP
- South Africa: FCP / MMed
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
Junior Doctor Trainee Internists / General Physicians
Junior doctor internal medicine training and service positions - House officer and Registrar - are available in New Zealand, Australia, UK and Ireland. Training roles are accredited by the appropriate postgraduate education organisations for a fixed time and provide structured education and supervision leading to specialist qualification and certification. Trainees should register with the appropriate Royal College or other institution for recognition of training and approval to take examinations.
Service roles are not accredited for training purposes but nevertheless provide excellent experience relevant to other specialities and general practice.
Junior doctor candidates must hold a medical degree from a WHO approved school, have completed internship and hold a valid practice certificate. Postgraduate country entrance exams may be required.
Register for Internal Medicine Positions
Whakatane, Bay of Plenty NZ
Advantages of Working as a Doctor or Healthcare Professional in Whakatane
- Renowned for great weather, beautiful beaches, culture and a relaxed lifestyle, the Whakatane region is one of New Zealand's most attractive locations for visitors and relocators.
- The main centre for the eastern Bay of Plenty, Whakatāne is one of the sunniest towns in New Zealand.
- Whakatāne is also known for its fishing, more yellowfin tuna are caught here than anywhere else in the country.
- Other Whakatāne attractions include the museums an observatory and Māori historical sites. The Ngā Tapuwae o Toi walkway leads to pā sites (old fortified villages), native forest and seabird colonies.
- Dolphin and Seal tours, which can include swimming encounters, start in November. There are guided Kayak tours on offer around Ohiwa Harbour and Whale Island.
- Whakatane is also very close to Ohope, a 10km white sandy beach, which has a small settlement and is perfect for camping, surfing, walking and relaxing in the sun.
Hospital, Medical Practice and Training
- 110 bed regional general hospital with 24/7 emergency department and all general specialities practised, affiliated with hospital in Tauranga.
- Tertiary referral service in Auckland
- Hospital is part of the campus of the University of Auckland Medical School
- Permanent and fixed term consultant positions
- Recognised as a rural training location
- Excellent opportunities to learn rural generalist medical skills
- Some house officer and registrar posts are service positions and not accredited training positions and are suitable for physicians taking a sabbatical or seeking to develop new clinical skills
- Unique opportunities to work with Maori people
- Opportunities for clinical research and audit.