Internist Jobs Worldwide
Browse our latest jobs for internists / general physicians / hospitalists and junior internal medicine trainees
Locations of Internist Positions
- Canada - rural and urban hospital practice - salaried or fee for service
- Australia - rural and urban hospital practice, salaried
- New Zealand - rural and urban, salaried
- UK and Ireland - mostly urban and salaried
- UAE - city hospitals and polyclincs - salaried or fee for service
- Qatar - city hospitals, salaried
- Saudi Arabia - city hospitals and polyclinics - salaried
- China- city hospitals, salaried with incentive payments
- Singapore - city hospitals, salaried
Specialist Internist Roles
Specialist Internal Medicine Qualifications
- UK: MRCP / CCT
- Ireland: MRCPI / CSD
- USA: American Board of Internal Medicine
- Canada: FRCPC
- Australia and New Zealand: FRACP
- South Africa: FCP / MMed
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
Junior Doctor Trainee Internists / General Physicians
Junior doctor internal medicine training and service positions - House officer and Registrar - are available in New Zealand, Australia, UK and Ireland. Training roles are accredited by the appropriate postgraduate education organisations for a fixed time and provide structured education and supervision leading to specialist qualification and certification. Trainees should register with the appropriate Royal College or other institution for recognition of training and approval to take examinations.
Service roles are not accredited for training purposes but nevertheless provide excellent experience relevant to other specialities and general practice.
Junior doctor candidates must hold a medical degree from a WHO approved school, have completed internship and hold a valid practice certificate. Postgraduate country entrance exams may be required.
Register for Internal Medicine Positions
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty NZ
Advantages of Working As A Doctor or Health Professional in Tauranga
- Tauranga is the largest city in the Coastal Bay of Plenty, home to approximately 146,200 people and due to recent population growth, New Zealand’s 5th largest city.
- Tauranga is one of New Zealand’s main centres for business, international trade, culture, fashion and horticultural science.
- The Port of Tauranga is New Zealand’s largest port. Tauranga means ‘place of rest or anchorage’ in Māori and while the sparkling harbour and magnificent views make it a great place to relax and recharge, there’s also plenty to keep you busy. Go sailing, surfing, fishing or dolphin watching and soak up the stunning coastal environment.
- Central to Auckland, Rotorua and Hamilton, and just a 15-minute drive from one of New Zealand's most popular beach towns, Mount Maunganui.
- Tauranga is a vibrant city and the surroundings are spectacular with beautiful beaches and countryside in close proximity. The Coromandel, East Cape and Auckland are all an easy drive away, as are the ski fields of the Central Plateau and Lake Taupō.
- There is outstanding access to outdoor recreational opportunities and a wide-range of schooling options, both public and private, an Institute of Technology and a recent addition is the University of Waikato Campus.
- Lifestyle options are diverse, and you can live 20 minutes from the hospital on a lifestyle block, in the bush, on an estuary with a boat or kayak or at the beachside town of Mount Maunganui and Papamoa.
Hospital, Medical Practice and Training
- 250 bed regional general hospital with excellent facilities and tertiary support in Auckland
- 24/7 emergency department and all major specialities available
- Permanent and fixed term consultant positions
- Recognised as an urban location for postgraduate medical training
- House officer and registrar posts recognised for postgraduate medical training by specialist Colleges of Australia and New Zealand
- Non Training Service 12 month positions available for house officer and registrar sabbatical experience
- Medical training campus of the University of Auckland Medical School
- Excellent postgraduate continuing medical education (CME) available
- Opportunities for research and audit