Internist Jobs Worldwide
Browse our latest jobs for internists / general physicians / hospitalists and junior internal medicine trainees
Locations of Internist Positions
- Canada - rural and urban hospital practice - salaried or fee for service
- Australia - rural and urban hospital practice, salaried
- New Zealand - rural and urban, salaried
- UK and Ireland - mostly urban and salaried
- UAE - city hospitals and polyclincs - salaried or fee for service
- Qatar - city hospitals, salaried
- Saudi Arabia - city hospitals and polyclinics - salaried
- China- city hospitals, salaried with incentive payments
- Singapore - city hospitals, salaried
Specialist Internist Roles
Specialist Internal Medicine Qualifications
- UK: MRCP / CCT
- Ireland: MRCPI / CSD
- USA: American Board of Internal Medicine
- Canada: FRCPC
- Australia and New Zealand: FRACP
- South Africa: FCP / MMed
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
Junior Doctor Trainee Internists / General Physicians
Junior doctor internal medicine training and service positions - House officer and Registrar - are available in New Zealand, Australia, UK and Ireland. Training roles are accredited by the appropriate postgraduate education organisations for a fixed time and provide structured education and supervision leading to specialist qualification and certification. Trainees should register with the appropriate Royal College or other institution for recognition of training and approval to take examinations.
Service roles are not accredited for training purposes but nevertheless provide excellent experience relevant to other specialities and general practice.
Junior doctor candidates must hold a medical degree from a WHO approved school, have completed internship and hold a valid practice certificate. Postgraduate country entrance exams may be required.
Register for Internal Medicine Positions
Kaitaia is your gateway to paradise; it is the last main town on State Highway 1 before you reach the iconic Te Rerenga Wairua (or Cape Reinga) which is the northern tip of Aotearoa, New Zealand.
Kaitaia is rich in culture and heritage combining stories of the first settlers, home to five iwi; Ngati Kuri, Te Rarawa, Te Aupouri, Ngati Kahu & Ngai Takoto; and the Dalmation settlers, each with their own stories intertwining history and special memories and places for each.
In just 20 minutes you can reach more than 20 different bays or beaches that are mostly unpopulated.
The serene beauty, the peacefulness and our location will leave footprints in your soul.
Medical Services in Kaitaia
Kaitaia has New Zealand's most northerly hospital serving a widely dispersed population, with a high percentage of Maori.
The general hospital has 26 beds in general, maternity and paediatric wards with all the supporting services, and also provides a substantial community health service.
The hospital services comprise:
- Renovated maternity unit and new occupational therapy department
- New emergency department
- New after-hours facility
- An enlarged day surgery unit and recovery area
- A modern isolation room and refurbished general ward
- An 8 station haemodialysis outpatient unit
- GP and outpatients’ consulting rooms
- Relocation of the radiology department
- Improved working areas for nurses
Physician and Health Professional Jobs in Kaitaia
- General Physicians
- General Practitioners
- Rural Generalists
- Nurses and Midwives
- Radiation Technologists
- Anaesthesia Technologists
- excellent opportunities for rural generalists in hospital and community clinics
- good experience for physicians and surgeons seeking enhanced skills for working in rural and remote areas
- permanent and fixed term consultant contracts in a small range of specialities
- training and service house officer and registrar contracts
- full support from a regional general hospital in Whangarei and tertiary support from Auckland
- participation in structured CME programmes