Internist Jobs Worldwide
Browse our latest jobs for internists / general physicians / hospitalists and junior internal medicine trainees
Locations of Internist Positions
- Canada - rural and urban hospital practice - salaried or fee for service
- Australia - rural and urban hospital practice, salaried
- New Zealand - rural and urban, salaried
- UK and Ireland - mostly urban and salaried
- UAE - city hospitals and polyclincs - salaried or fee for service
- Qatar - city hospitals, salaried
- Saudi Arabia - city hospitals and polyclinics - salaried
- China- city hospitals, salaried with incentive payments
- Singapore - city hospitals, salaried
Specialist Internist Roles
Specialist Internal Medicine Qualifications
- UK: MRCP / CCT
- Ireland: MRCPI / CSD
- USA: American Board of Internal Medicine
- Canada: FRCPC
- Australia and New Zealand: FRACP
- South Africa: FCP / MMed
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
Junior Doctor Trainee Internists / General Physicians
Junior doctor internal medicine training and service positions - House officer and Registrar - are available in New Zealand, Australia, UK and Ireland. Training roles are accredited by the appropriate postgraduate education organisations for a fixed time and provide structured education and supervision leading to specialist qualification and certification. Trainees should register with the appropriate Royal College or other institution for recognition of training and approval to take examinations.
Service roles are not accredited for training purposes but nevertheless provide excellent experience relevant to other specialities and general practice.
Junior doctor candidates must hold a medical degree from a WHO approved school, have completed internship and hold a valid practice certificate. Postgraduate country entrance exams may be required.
Register for Internal Medicine Positions
Physician and Medical Positions in Canada
Odyssey recruits family physicians and specialist physicians for permanent, locum and fixed term assignments in Canada. Fee for service and salaried positions are available.
High demand specialities:
- family physicians
- general surgeons
- obstetricians and gynaecologists
Why Work in Canada?
Canada's highly sophisticated economy, advanced technology and enviable living standards make it a magnet for expatriate workers seeking to develop their careers. Opportunities for skilled medical professionals abound in the more remote areas and sometimes in the major cities.
Comprised of ten provinces and three territories, each with its own regulatory framework for professionals and separate taxation structures, career opportunities and remuneration vary considerably across the country.
Demand for general practitioners and family physicians is high in the more remote areas and expertise and experience in rural medicine, resuscitation and surgical technique is a plus for physicians. Shortages of specialist physicians exist in many provinces.