Intensivist Jobs Worldwide
Specialist and Junior Doctor Training and Service Roles for Intensivists ( Intensive Care Medicine Specialists)
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Singapore, Hong Kong, China
Register with Odyssey for opportunities to work with leading hospitals and clinics across the world. Odyssey recruits specialist intensivists and trainees in intensive care medicine for permanent, locum and fixed term contract roles. You can expect an outstanding service from our experienced recruitment consultants who will additionally guide you through the immigration and regulatory requirements for your chosen destination.
Consultant and Specialist Roles in Intensive Care Medicine
If you are looking for a consultant or specialist position, you should have completed your postgraduate intensive care medical training in one of the countries listed below and hold the appropriate postgraduate qualification, fellowship or board certification in intensive care medicine. Post certification experience requirements vary by country with some countries requiring a minimum of 3-5 years experience for specialist roles.
Most specialist roles are located in Australia, New Zealand, China and the Middle East.
Junior Doctor Intensive Care Medicine Training and Service Roles
Intensive care medicine training positions are accredited for postgraduate specialist training by the Royal College or organisation responsible for overseeing training and examniations in Intensive care medicine in the relevant country. Each job will be accredited for a specified period of time and level of training (rural/ urban/junior/ advanced) and will have structured teaching and supervision. You should register with the appropriate organisation to ensure your training is recognised towards the specialist training and examniations.
Training positions, titled house officer and registrar, are available in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland and Singapore.
Service positions are not approved for postgraduate specialist training but usually provide excellent clinical experience for physicians looking to acquire some skills in a new speciality and they are often an easier means of entry to a country.
Intensive Care Medicine Qualifications
- UK: FRCP/MRCP /FRCA and CCT /CESR
- Ireland:FRCPI/ MRCPI/FCAI and CSD
- USA: American Board of Critical Care Medicine
- Canada: FRCPC
- Australia and New Zealand: FRACP
- South Africa: FCP / MMed
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
Register for Intensive Care Medicine Careers
Register your CV on our website, sign up for job alerts, search for jobs and follow us on twitter at @odysseymedic for latest jobs.
Search for Emergency Physician Vacancies
Whangarei Northland New Zealand
The subtropical city of Whangarei is a thriving city with a vibrant arts community; a city of adventure, culture and natural beauty.
The Whangārei town basin is a sophisticated yet leisurely centre for eating and entertainment. Modern landscaping blends perfectly with colonial architecture to create a gathering place for locals, visitors and yachties from all over the world.
As well as stylish cafes and restaurants, there are museums, art galleries and specialty shops. Explore the City Centre Street Art walk with 15 large scale art murals, the Hundertwasser Art Centre, and Wairua Maori Art Gallery.
The summit of Mount Parihaka is the highest point in the city. It was once the site of the largest Māori Pā (fortified village) in New Zealand. The excavations are still visible, and interpretation of the area is provided at the site, which can be accessed by a pleasant walk through native forest from the summit.
Working as a Doctor or Health Professional in Whangarei
Services you can expect:
- Surgical 7 theatres each with own specialty
- 7 bed Intensive Care Unit and High Dependency Unit - Helicopter retrievals and transfers
- 24 hour Emergency Department
- Paediatrics - Paediatric Ward' Special Care Baby Unit and Intensive Care Unit
- Medical and Disability Support - 2 medical wards including Dialysis and Coronary Care
- Mental Health and Clinical Support - including 31 bed Inpatient Ward Maternal and Child Health - purpose built Child Health Centre
- Maori Health Service
- Community Health Services - located off campus in Whangarei and in the community. The services encompass Dental, Primary Care Nursing, Allied Health and Public Health Services
- Radiology - the Imaging Department offers full radiology services (with the exception of nuclear medicine)
- Clinical Support Services - Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Radiology, Social Work, Dietetics and Occupational Health
- Secondary care regional general hospital with tertiary support in Auckland
- Permanent and fixed term consultant jobs
- Accredited training and service jobs for house officers and registrars
- Excellent CME and postgraduate specialist training available
- Lower living costs than Auckland
- 35 minutes flight to Auckland