Intensivist Jobs Worldwide
Specialist and Junior Doctor Training and Service Roles for Intensivists ( Intensive Care Medicine Specialists)
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Singapore, Hong Kong, China
Register with Odyssey for opportunities to work with leading hospitals and clinics across the world. Odyssey recruits specialist intensivists and trainees in intensive care medicine for permanent, locum and fixed term contract roles. You can expect an outstanding service from our experienced recruitment consultants who will additionally guide you through the immigration and regulatory requirements for your chosen destination.
Consultant and Specialist Roles in Intensive Care Medicine
If you are looking for a consultant or specialist position, you should have completed your postgraduate intensive care medical training in one of the countries listed below and hold the appropriate postgraduate qualification, fellowship or board certification in intensive care medicine. Post certification experience requirements vary by country with some countries requiring a minimum of 3-5 years experience for specialist roles.
Most specialist roles are located in Australia, New Zealand, China and the Middle East.
Junior Doctor Intensive Care Medicine Training and Service Roles
Intensive care medicine training positions are accredited for postgraduate specialist training by the Royal College or organisation responsible for overseeing training and examniations in Intensive care medicine in the relevant country. Each job will be accredited for a specified period of time and level of training (rural/ urban/junior/ advanced) and will have structured teaching and supervision. You should register with the appropriate organisation to ensure your training is recognised towards the specialist training and examniations.
Training positions, titled house officer and registrar, are available in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland and Singapore.
Service positions are not approved for postgraduate specialist training but usually provide excellent clinical experience for physicians looking to acquire some skills in a new speciality and they are often an easier means of entry to a country.
Intensive Care Medicine Qualifications
- UK: FRCP/MRCP /FRCA and CCT /CESR
- Ireland:FRCPI/ MRCPI/FCAI and CSD
- USA: American Board of Critical Care Medicine
- Canada: FRCPC
- Australia and New Zealand: FRACP
- South Africa: FCP / MMed
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
Register for Intensive Care Medicine Careers
Register your CV on our website, sign up for job alerts, search for jobs and follow us on twitter at @odysseymedic for latest jobs.
Search for Emergency Physician Vacancies
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty NZ
Advantages of Working As A Doctor or Health Professional in Tauranga
- Tauranga is the largest city in the Coastal Bay of Plenty, home to approximately 146,200 people and due to recent population growth, New Zealand’s 5th largest city.
- Tauranga is one of New Zealand’s main centres for business, international trade, culture, fashion and horticultural science.
- The Port of Tauranga is New Zealand’s largest port. Tauranga means ‘place of rest or anchorage’ in Māori and while the sparkling harbour and magnificent views make it a great place to relax and recharge, there’s also plenty to keep you busy. Go sailing, surfing, fishing or dolphin watching and soak up the stunning coastal environment.
- Central to Auckland, Rotorua and Hamilton, and just a 15-minute drive from one of New Zealand's most popular beach towns, Mount Maunganui.
- Tauranga is a vibrant city and the surroundings are spectacular with beautiful beaches and countryside in close proximity. The Coromandel, East Cape and Auckland are all an easy drive away, as are the ski fields of the Central Plateau and Lake Taupō.
- There is outstanding access to outdoor recreational opportunities and a wide-range of schooling options, both public and private, an Institute of Technology and a recent addition is the University of Waikato Campus.
- Lifestyle options are diverse, and you can live 20 minutes from the hospital on a lifestyle block, in the bush, on an estuary with a boat or kayak or at the beachside town of Mount Maunganui and Papamoa.
Hospital, Medical Practice and Training
- 250 bed regional general hospital with excellent facilities and tertiary support in Auckland
- 24/7 emergency department and all major specialities available
- Permanent and fixed term consultant positions
- Recognised as an urban location for postgraduate medical training
- House officer and registrar posts recognised for postgraduate medical training by specialist Colleges of Australia and New Zealand
- Non Training Service 12 month positions available for house officer and registrar sabbatical experience
- Medical training campus of the University of Auckland Medical School
- Excellent postgraduate continuing medical education (CME) available
- Opportunities for research and audit