Intensivist Jobs Worldwide
Specialist and Junior Doctor Training and Service Roles for Intensivists ( Intensive Care Medicine Specialists)
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Singapore, Hong Kong, China
Register with Odyssey for opportunities to work with leading hospitals and clinics across the world. Odyssey recruits specialist intensivists and trainees in intensive care medicine for permanent, locum and fixed term contract roles. You can expect an outstanding service from our experienced recruitment consultants who will additionally guide you through the immigration and regulatory requirements for your chosen destination.
Consultant and Specialist Roles in Intensive Care Medicine
If you are looking for a consultant or specialist position, you should have completed your postgraduate intensive care medical training in one of the countries listed below and hold the appropriate postgraduate qualification, fellowship or board certification in intensive care medicine. Post certification experience requirements vary by country with some countries requiring a minimum of 3-5 years experience for specialist roles.
Most specialist roles are located in Australia, New Zealand, China and the Middle East.
Junior Doctor Intensive Care Medicine Training and Service Roles
Intensive care medicine training positions are accredited for postgraduate specialist training by the Royal College or organisation responsible for overseeing training and examniations in Intensive care medicine in the relevant country. Each job will be accredited for a specified period of time and level of training (rural/ urban/junior/ advanced) and will have structured teaching and supervision. You should register with the appropriate organisation to ensure your training is recognised towards the specialist training and examniations.
Training positions, titled house officer and registrar, are available in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland and Singapore.
Service positions are not approved for postgraduate specialist training but usually provide excellent clinical experience for physicians looking to acquire some skills in a new speciality and they are often an easier means of entry to a country.
Intensive Care Medicine Qualifications
- UK: FRCP/MRCP /FRCA and CCT /CESR
- Ireland:FRCPI/ MRCPI/FCAI and CSD
- USA: American Board of Critical Care Medicine
- Canada: FRCPC
- Australia and New Zealand: FRACP
- South Africa: FCP / MMed
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
Register for Intensive Care Medicine Careers
Register your CV on our website, sign up for job alerts, search for jobs and follow us on twitter at @odysseymedic for latest jobs.
Search for Emergency Physician Vacancies
Northland New Zealand
Northland is a story of two coastlines, the west coast is rugged and soulful while the east coast is relatively more sophisticated and urbane.
The subtropical Northland region stretches upwards from Auckland to the very top of New Zealand. Along the Twin Coast Discovery Highway, you can travel to the iconic Bay of Islands, as well as the Kauri Coast, the Far North, and Whangarei.
In the beautiful Bay of Islands you can take a boat cruise, view dolphins, dive, fish or just relax in the sun. The Waitangi Treaty Grounds is one of New Zealand's most significant historic sites.
Medical Services in Northland
Northland is a large region with a scattered population and areas of deprivation. Its health services are provided by 4 hospitals and a network of clinics providing primary and secondary medical services with Auckland the tertiary referral centre.
The hospitals are also part of the Auckland Medical School Campus and participate in medical school education.
Medical services provided include emergency medicine, internal medicine and subpsecialities, general surgery, urology, orthopaedics, ENT, ophthalmology, anaesthesia, radiology, pathology, psychiatry, general practice, rural generalist medicine.
Physician and Health Professional Jobs in Northland
Positions regularly available include:
- Specialist physicians and surgeons
- Junior doctors - house officers and registrars
- General practitioners and rural generalists
- Clinical Psychologists
- Medical Laboratory Scientists and Technicians
- Radiation Technologists
- Anaesthesia Technicians
Advantages of working in Northland:
- Well equipped hospitals with excellent working conditions
- Robust medical service quality and continued innovation
- Opportunities for clinical research and audit
- Sound CME programmes and dedicated education time
- Permanent specialist contracts
- Fixed term and locum appointments available
- Accredited training house officer and registrar jobs for junior doctors
- Service house officer and registrar jobs for sabbaticals or for additional experience or skills
- Opportunities to learn valuable rural generalist skills
- Opportunities to work with Maori people
- Wonderful nature and outdoor activities
- Relaxed lifestyle
- Close to Auckland
- Lower living costs than major cities of New Zealand