General Surgeon Jobs Worldwide
Browse our latest Consultant, Specialist, Registrar and House Officer Roles for Surgeons
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Scope of Surgical Practice
Common specialist skills include:
- breast and endocrine surgery
- trauma surgery
- colorectal surgery
- pancreatic surgery
- upper GI Surgery
- laparascopic surgery
- robotic surgery
- thoracic surgery
Consultant and Specialist General Surgeon Roles
- UK: FRCS + CCT
- Ireland: FRCSI + CSD
- USA: American Board of General Surgery
- Canada: FRCSC
- Australia and New Zealand: FRACS
- South Africa: FCS / MMed
- Western Europe: national board certification
House Officer and Registrar - Junior Doctor Training and Service Roles
General Surgery house officer and registrar positions are highly sought after and competition is tough. Training positions are accredited for postgraduate specialist training by the Royal College or organisation responsible for overseeing training and examniations in general surgery in the relevant country. Each job will be accredited for a specified period of time and level of training (rural/ urban/junior/ advanced) and will have structured teaching and supervision. You should register with the appropriate organisation to ensure your training is recognised towards the specialist training and examniations.
Training positions, titled house officer and registrar, are available in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland and Singapore.
Service positions are not approved for postgraduate specialist training but usually provide excellent clinical experience for physicians looking to acquire some skills in a new speciality and they are often an easier means of entry to a country.
Register for General Surgery Jobs
Medical Jobs in Shepparton Victoria Australia
General Practitioner Jobs in Shepparton
We recruit General Practitioners for permanent and fixed term contracts in Shepparton.
FRACGP preferred but equivalent qualifications from UK, USA , Canada, Ireland, Spain, Malta, Netherlands, Sweden and New Zealand accepted.
Fee for service positions with generous fee split
AHPRA registration essential
Advantages of Working in Shepparton
- A great location close to Melbourne with a superb selection of housing, schools and leisure activities.
- A fast growing population and busy medical practice
- Shepparton is a major commercial centre, just 2 hours drive from Melbourne, located between Nagambie and Numurkah on the Goulburn Valley Highway which is the main inland road route between Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Shepparton is situated within the rich dairying, fruit growing and agricultural region of the Goulburn Valley, with the area responsible for producing around 25 percent of Victoria's rural output.
- A network of parks, reserves and forests follow the paths of the Goulburn and Broken Rivers through Shepparton, offering good bushwalking tracks and picnic spots. There is a dense state forest between Shepparton and neighbouring Mooroopna along the river, with the Peter Ross Edwards Causeway (Midland Highway) cutting through it to link the two communities together.
- Victoria Park Lake, constructed in 1920 from a swamp, is located just south of the heart of Shepparton, fronting the main highway and featuring walking tracks, bike paths, a skate park and boating facilities.