General Surgeon Jobs Worldwide
Browse our latest Consultant, Specialist, Registrar and House Officer Roles for Surgeons
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Scope of Surgical Practice
Common specialist skills include:
- breast and endocrine surgery
- trauma surgery
- colorectal surgery
- pancreatic surgery
- upper GI Surgery
- laparascopic surgery
- robotic surgery
- thoracic surgery
Consultant and Specialist General Surgeon Roles
- UK: FRCS + CCT
- Ireland: FRCSI + CSD
- USA: American Board of General Surgery
- Canada: FRCSC
- Australia and New Zealand: FRACS
- South Africa: FCS / MMed
- Western Europe: national board certification
House Officer and Registrar - Junior Doctor Training and Service Roles
General Surgery house officer and registrar positions are highly sought after and competition is tough. Training positions are accredited for postgraduate specialist training by the Royal College or organisation responsible for overseeing training and examniations in general surgery in the relevant country. Each job will be accredited for a specified period of time and level of training (rural/ urban/junior/ advanced) and will have structured teaching and supervision. You should register with the appropriate organisation to ensure your training is recognised towards the specialist training and examniations.
Training positions, titled house officer and registrar, are available in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland and Singapore.
Service positions are not approved for postgraduate specialist training but usually provide excellent clinical experience for physicians looking to acquire some skills in a new speciality and they are often an easier means of entry to a country.
Register for General Surgery Jobs
Northland New Zealand
Northland is a story of two coastlines, the west coast is rugged and soulful while the east coast is relatively more sophisticated and urbane.
The subtropical Northland region stretches upwards from Auckland to the very top of New Zealand. Along the Twin Coast Discovery Highway, you can travel to the iconic Bay of Islands, as well as the Kauri Coast, the Far North, and Whangarei.
In the beautiful Bay of Islands you can take a boat cruise, view dolphins, dive, fish or just relax in the sun. The Waitangi Treaty Grounds is one of New Zealand's most significant historic sites.
Medical Services in Northland
Northland is a large region with a scattered population and areas of deprivation. Its health services are provided by 4 hospitals and a network of clinics providing primary and secondary medical services with Auckland the tertiary referral centre.
The hospitals are also part of the Auckland Medical School Campus and participate in medical school education.
Medical services provided include emergency medicine, internal medicine and subpsecialities, general surgery, urology, orthopaedics, ENT, ophthalmology, anaesthesia, radiology, pathology, psychiatry, general practice, rural generalist medicine.
Physician and Health Professional Jobs in Northland
Positions regularly available include:
- Specialist physicians and surgeons
- Junior doctors - house officers and registrars
- General practitioners and rural generalists
- Clinical Psychologists
- Medical Laboratory Scientists and Technicians
- Radiation Technologists
- Anaesthesia Technicians
Advantages of working in Northland:
- Well equipped hospitals with excellent working conditions
- Robust medical service quality and continued innovation
- Opportunities for clinical research and audit
- Sound CME programmes and dedicated education time
- Permanent specialist contracts
- Fixed term and locum appointments available
- Accredited training house officer and registrar jobs for junior doctors
- Service house officer and registrar jobs for sabbaticals or for additional experience or skills
- Opportunities to learn valuable rural generalist skills
- Opportunities to work with Maori people
- Wonderful nature and outdoor activities
- Relaxed lifestyle
- Close to Auckland
- Lower living costs than major cities of New Zealand