General Surgeon Jobs Worldwide
Browse our latest Consultant, Specialist, Registrar and House Officer Roles for Surgeons
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Scope of Surgical Practice
Common specialist skills include:
- breast and endocrine surgery
- trauma surgery
- colorectal surgery
- pancreatic surgery
- upper GI Surgery
- laparascopic surgery
- robotic surgery
- thoracic surgery
Consultant and Specialist General Surgeon Roles
- UK: FRCS + CCT
- Ireland: FRCSI + CSD
- USA: American Board of General Surgery
- Canada: FRCSC
- Australia and New Zealand: FRACS
- South Africa: FCS / MMed
- Western Europe: national board certification
House Officer and Registrar - Junior Doctor Training and Service Roles
General Surgery house officer and registrar positions are highly sought after and competition is tough. Training positions are accredited for postgraduate specialist training by the Royal College or organisation responsible for overseeing training and examniations in general surgery in the relevant country. Each job will be accredited for a specified period of time and level of training (rural/ urban/junior/ advanced) and will have structured teaching and supervision. You should register with the appropriate organisation to ensure your training is recognised towards the specialist training and examniations.
Training positions, titled house officer and registrar, are available in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland and Singapore.
Service positions are not approved for postgraduate specialist training but usually provide excellent clinical experience for physicians looking to acquire some skills in a new speciality and they are often an easier means of entry to a country.
Register for General Surgery Jobs
Medical Jobs in Karratha, Pilbara, Western Australia
Awe and ore can be found in equal measure in Karratha. Known for its iron ore operations, this is the gateway to the marine-life rich Dampier Archipelago, the world's most prolific prehistoric rock engraving site, Karijini's four billion year old adventure playground and Millstream's Chichester National Park. It's also one of the few locations where you can witness the Staircase to the Moon.
Living and Working in Karratha Western Australia
- Karratha is a two hour flight or a 16 hour road trip from Perth, and a three hour drive south of Port Hedland.
- Jaburara Heritage Trail, starting from the Visitor Centre, gives you an introduction to the ancient Jaburara people and their legacy - the largest collection of Aboriginal rock engravings on Earth.
- Across the Burrup Peninsular, the Jaburara created more than 10,000 artworks, many dating back thousands of years.
- A short hop by boat brings you to Western Australia's hotspot for marine diversity and one of Australia's best-kept fishing, snorkelling and diving secrets - the Dampier Archipelago. Its 42 islands and islets sit within a 45-kilometre radius of neighbouring Dampier.
- Millstream Chichester National Park - a lush oasis of tree-lined pools, spinifex hills and lily-filled wetlands awaits adventurous nature lovers . You can also follow the tracks of early settlers along the Chichester Range Camel Trail and learn about the hardships they endured.
- Venture further south to Karijini National Park and enter an outback playground of inviting plunge pools, 100-metre chasms and a 1,235-metre mountain four billion years in the making.
- the largest shopping centre in the North West
Medical Services in Karratha
- A new 40-bed facility with significantly expanded emergency department.
- New CT scanner, surgical ward, maternity wing and delivery suites.
- Expanded facilities for outpatients and essential services such as child health and medical imaging, brought together in a single health care hub.
- World-class telehealth services
- Helipad In addition to outstanding emergency and hospital car