Gastroenterologist Jobs Worldwide
Browse gastroenterologist vacancies with leading hospitals and clinics in countries across the globe.
Odyssey recruits gastroenterologists for permanent, fixed term contract and locum appointments with a diverse range of employers in public and private sector. This includes large tertiary care centres looking for highly specialised physicians and regional general hospitals and polyclincs which require more generalist skills.
Appointments are on a salaried or fee for service basis.
Register for Gastroenterology Jobs
Register your CV on our website and our consultants will be in touch to discuss your scope of practice and position sought. We can assist you with permanent relocations for overseas appointments, short term locum adventures or an academic or clinical sabbatical. We aim to secure the best available positions for you depending upon your preferences and skills.
Within your account, you can sign up for job alerts for immediate notification of new roles. You can also follow us on twitter @odysseymedic.
Consultant / Specialist Gastroenterologist Roles
Specialist Gastroenterology Qualifications
- UK: MRCP / CCT Gastroenterology
- Ireland: MRCPI / CSD Gastroenterology
- USA: American Board of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Canada: FRCPC
- Australia and New Zealand: FRACP
- South Africa: FCP / MMed
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
Locations of Gastroenterology Roles
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
- New Zealand
Whangarei Northland New Zealand
The subtropical city of Whangarei is a thriving city with a vibrant arts community; a city of adventure, culture and natural beauty.
The Whangārei town basin is a sophisticated yet leisurely centre for eating and entertainment. Modern landscaping blends perfectly with colonial architecture to create a gathering place for locals, visitors and yachties from all over the world.
As well as stylish cafes and restaurants, there are museums, art galleries and specialty shops. Explore the City Centre Street Art walk with 15 large scale art murals, the Hundertwasser Art Centre, and Wairua Maori Art Gallery.
The summit of Mount Parihaka is the highest point in the city. It was once the site of the largest Māori Pā (fortified village) in New Zealand. The excavations are still visible, and interpretation of the area is provided at the site, which can be accessed by a pleasant walk through native forest from the summit.
Working as a Doctor or Health Professional in Whangarei
Services you can expect:
- Surgical 7 theatres each with own specialty
- 7 bed Intensive Care Unit and High Dependency Unit - Helicopter retrievals and transfers
- 24 hour Emergency Department
- Paediatrics - Paediatric Ward' Special Care Baby Unit and Intensive Care Unit
- Medical and Disability Support - 2 medical wards including Dialysis and Coronary Care
- Mental Health and Clinical Support - including 31 bed Inpatient Ward Maternal and Child Health - purpose built Child Health Centre
- Maori Health Service
- Community Health Services - located off campus in Whangarei and in the community. The services encompass Dental, Primary Care Nursing, Allied Health and Public Health Services
- Radiology - the Imaging Department offers full radiology services (with the exception of nuclear medicine)
- Clinical Support Services - Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Radiology, Social Work, Dietetics and Occupational Health
- Secondary care regional general hospital with tertiary support in Auckland
- Permanent and fixed term consultant jobs
- Accredited training and service jobs for house officers and registrars
- Excellent CME and postgraduate specialist training available
- Lower living costs than Auckland
- 35 minutes flight to Auckland