Gastroenterologist Jobs Worldwide
Browse gastroenterologist vacancies with leading hospitals and clinics in countries across the globe.
Odyssey recruits gastroenterologists for permanent, fixed term contract and locum appointments with a diverse range of employers in public and private sector. This includes large tertiary care centres looking for highly specialised physicians and regional general hospitals and polyclincs which require more generalist skills.
Appointments are on a salaried or fee for service basis.
Register for Gastroenterology Jobs
Register your CV on our website and our consultants will be in touch to discuss your scope of practice and position sought. We can assist you with permanent relocations for overseas appointments, short term locum adventures or an academic or clinical sabbatical. We aim to secure the best available positions for you depending upon your preferences and skills.
Within your account, you can sign up for job alerts for immediate notification of new roles. You can also follow us on twitter @odysseymedic.
Consultant / Specialist Gastroenterologist Roles
Specialist Gastroenterology Qualifications
- UK: MRCP / CCT Gastroenterology
- Ireland: MRCPI / CSD Gastroenterology
- USA: American Board of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Canada: FRCPC
- Australia and New Zealand: FRACP
- South Africa: FCP / MMed
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
Locations of Gastroenterology Roles
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
- New Zealand
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty NZ
Advantages of Working As A Doctor or Health Professional in Tauranga
- Tauranga is the largest city in the Coastal Bay of Plenty, home to approximately 146,200 people and due to recent population growth, New Zealand’s 5th largest city.
- Tauranga is one of New Zealand’s main centres for business, international trade, culture, fashion and horticultural science.
- The Port of Tauranga is New Zealand’s largest port. Tauranga means ‘place of rest or anchorage’ in Māori and while the sparkling harbour and magnificent views make it a great place to relax and recharge, there’s also plenty to keep you busy. Go sailing, surfing, fishing or dolphin watching and soak up the stunning coastal environment.
- Central to Auckland, Rotorua and Hamilton, and just a 15-minute drive from one of New Zealand's most popular beach towns, Mount Maunganui.
- Tauranga is a vibrant city and the surroundings are spectacular with beautiful beaches and countryside in close proximity. The Coromandel, East Cape and Auckland are all an easy drive away, as are the ski fields of the Central Plateau and Lake Taupō.
- There is outstanding access to outdoor recreational opportunities and a wide-range of schooling options, both public and private, an Institute of Technology and a recent addition is the University of Waikato Campus.
- Lifestyle options are diverse, and you can live 20 minutes from the hospital on a lifestyle block, in the bush, on an estuary with a boat or kayak or at the beachside town of Mount Maunganui and Papamoa.
Hospital, Medical Practice and Training
- 250 bed regional general hospital with excellent facilities and tertiary support in Auckland
- 24/7 emergency department and all major specialities available
- Permanent and fixed term consultant positions
- Recognised as an urban location for postgraduate medical training
- House officer and registrar posts recognised for postgraduate medical training by specialist Colleges of Australia and New Zealand
- Non Training Service 12 month positions available for house officer and registrar sabbatical experience
- Medical training campus of the University of Auckland Medical School
- Excellent postgraduate continuing medical education (CME) available
- Opportunities for research and audit