Endocrinologist Jobs Worldwide
Odyssey recruits endocrinologists for permanent, fixed term contract and locum appointments with leading hospitals and clinics across the world. These include salaried and fee for service positions. Our clients range from advanced tertiary care hospitals to regional general hospitals and polyclinics and we aim to match you with the right employer according to your skills and scope of practice.
Locations of Endocrinologist Jobs
The majority of new positions are in the following locations:
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
- New Zealand
Scope of Practice
Endocrinologist roles vary in scope of practice. Some roles are 100% endocrinology work whilst others require variable amounts of internal medicine practice which may include in patient management, out patient clinics and acute on call cover which, in turn, may reduce the endocrinology component of the work to 50% or less. Please advise your recruitment consultant of your desired scope of practice and your willingness to combine endocrinology with internal medicine.
Qualifications for Specialist / Consultant Roles
Specialist roles require postgraduate surgical training in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Western Europe, Hong Kong or Singapore and a fellowship or board certification with specialist registration and licence to practise. Qualifications must be verified at primary source by EPIC or Data Flow (Middle East only).
- UK: MRCP / CCT
- Ireland: MRCPI / CSD
- USA: American Board of Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
- Canada: FRCPC
- Australia and New Zealand: FRACP
- South Africa: FCP / MMed
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
Register for Endocrinologist Jobs
Register on our website and upload your CV then sign up for job alerts so that you get immediate notification of all new roles and stay ahead of the competition.
You can also follow us on twitter @odysseymedic for new jobs.
Whakatane, Bay of Plenty NZ
Advantages of Working as a Doctor or Healthcare Professional in Whakatane
- Renowned for great weather, beautiful beaches, culture and a relaxed lifestyle, the Whakatane region is one of New Zealand's most attractive locations for visitors and relocators.
- The main centre for the eastern Bay of Plenty, Whakatāne is one of the sunniest towns in New Zealand.
- Whakatāne is also known for its fishing, more yellowfin tuna are caught here than anywhere else in the country.
- Other Whakatāne attractions include the museums an observatory and Māori historical sites. The Ngā Tapuwae o Toi walkway leads to pā sites (old fortified villages), native forest and seabird colonies.
- Dolphin and Seal tours, which can include swimming encounters, start in November. There are guided Kayak tours on offer around Ohiwa Harbour and Whale Island.
- Whakatane is also very close to Ohope, a 10km white sandy beach, which has a small settlement and is perfect for camping, surfing, walking and relaxing in the sun.
Hospital, Medical Practice and Training
- 110 bed regional general hospital with 24/7 emergency department and all general specialities practised, affiliated with hospital in Tauranga.
- Tertiary referral service in Auckland
- Hospital is part of the campus of the University of Auckland Medical School
- Permanent and fixed term consultant positions
- Recognised as a rural training location
- Excellent opportunities to learn rural generalist medical skills
- Some house officer and registrar posts are service positions and not accredited training positions and are suitable for physicians taking a sabbatical or seeking to develop new clinical skills
- Unique opportunities to work with Maori people
- Opportunities for clinical research and audit.
Register for career opportunities in New Zealand
Our recruitment consultants shall be in touch to discuss your scope of practice and interests and assist you to find the right role in New Zealand.