Emergency Medicine Physician Jobs Worldwide
Specialist and Junior Doctor Training and Service Roles for Emergency Physicians
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Singapore, Hong Kong, China
Register with Odyssey for opportunities to work with leading hospitals and clinics across the world. Odyssey recruits specialist emergency physicians and trainees in emergency medicine for permanent, locum and fixed term contract roles. You can expect an outstanding service from our experienced recruitment consultants who will additionally guide you through the immigration and regulatory requirements for your chosen destination.
Consultant and Specialist Roles
If you are looking for a consultant or specialist position, you should have completed your postgraduate emergency medical training in one of the countries listed below and hold the appropriate postgraduate qualification, fellowship or board certification in emergency medicine. Post certification experience requirements vary by country with some countries requiring a minimum of 3-5 years experience for specialist roles.
Most specialist roles are located in Australia, New Zealand, China and the Middle East.
Junior Doctor Emergency Medicine Training and Service Roles
Emergency medicine training positions are accredited for postgraduate specialist training by the Royal College or organisation responsible for overseeing training and examniations in emergency medicine in the relevant country. Each job will be accredited for a specified period of time and level of training (rural/ urban/junior/ advanced) and will have structured teaching and supervision. You should register with the appropriate organisation to ensure your training is recognised towards the specialist training and examniations.
Training positions, titled house officer and registrar, are available in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland and Singapore.
Service positions are not approved for postgraduate specialist training but usually provide excellent clinical experience for physicians looking to acquire some skills in a new speciality and they are often an easier means of entry to a country.
Emergency Medicine Qualifications
- UK: FRCEM and CCT /CESR
- Ireland:FRCEM and CSD
- USA: American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Canada: FRCPC
- Australia and New Zealand: FACEM
- South Africa: FCEM / MMed
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
Register for Emergency Physician Careers
Register your CV on our website, sign up for job alerts, search for jobs and follow us on twitter at @odysseymedic for latest jobs.
Search for Emergency Physician Vacancies
Whakatane, Bay of Plenty NZ
Advantages of Working as a Doctor or Healthcare Professional in Whakatane
- Renowned for great weather, beautiful beaches, culture and a relaxed lifestyle, the Whakatane region is one of New Zealand's most attractive locations for visitors and relocators.
- The main centre for the eastern Bay of Plenty, Whakatāne is one of the sunniest towns in New Zealand.
- Whakatāne is also known for its fishing, more yellowfin tuna are caught here than anywhere else in the country.
- Other Whakatāne attractions include the museums an observatory and Māori historical sites. The Ngā Tapuwae o Toi walkway leads to pā sites (old fortified villages), native forest and seabird colonies.
- Dolphin and Seal tours, which can include swimming encounters, start in November. There are guided Kayak tours on offer around Ohiwa Harbour and Whale Island.
- Whakatane is also very close to Ohope, a 10km white sandy beach, which has a small settlement and is perfect for camping, surfing, walking and relaxing in the sun.
Hospital, Medical Practice and Training
- 110 bed regional general hospital with 24/7 emergency department and all general specialities practised, affiliated with hospital in Tauranga.
- Tertiary referral service in Auckland
- Hospital is part of the campus of the University of Auckland Medical School
- Permanent and fixed term consultant positions
- Recognised as a rural training location
- Excellent opportunities to learn rural generalist medical skills
- Some house officer and registrar posts are service positions and not accredited training positions and are suitable for physicians taking a sabbatical or seeking to develop new clinical skills
- Unique opportunities to work with Maori people
- Opportunities for clinical research and audit.